Updated Forums and Chat???

Updated Forums and Chat???
This was in the bottom section of an email sent out by MaleSurvivor this morning:

Coming soon:
• An expanded Webinar of Recovery series
• Renewal of our international conference series

• Upgrades to our chat room and discussion forum services -- and more.

so the Discussion Forum and the Chat Room will be UPGRADED soon??

Hi, I am of course new here and I m still trying to figure how things work. That being said, I've no clue where to start. Some members have outreached and made me a little more at ease in the sense that I found the place that I can share my story without having to deal with the infamous Spock eyebrow but have no clue as to where else I should start and/or continue. This is quite difficult as I'm sure you are all agree, to begin talking about the thing(s) that have brought us all here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

start with an Introduction (in the Introductions Section) - add as much or as little detail as you feel comfortable. Start from there. then you can add more to your story in the "Male Survivor" Section. Eventually you can tell your entire story in the "Survivior Story" section (but keep in mind that no comments are allowed, so, unlike the other sections, you will not be getting any feedback.

I should have asked this way back when the update took place, especially since this issue has kept me away....

I used to be able to log in in read forum post when I had time at work, but since the new CHAT interface bleeps every time anyone posts a message on chat I have to turn the volume off on my PC, and I need the volume on often. So I just stopped logging in regularly.

Is there a way to turn the sound notification off, or stay logged into forums without being logged into chat?

Thanks!!

A few months ago the bottom of the screen started flashing "You haven't joined any rooms...Chat [0]".
Is there a way to make it stop...I can't read anything (because I am easily distracted by it...lol)

Thanks!

Is there a way to turn the sound notification off, or stay logged into forums without being logged into chat?
I am pretty sure as long as you open up the chat tab and " Browse rooms " then make sure you have " Leave room " for any chatroom. It should not be making notification sounds, ideally.

A few months ago the bottom of the screen started flashing "You haven't joined any rooms...Chat [0]".
I can't think of any logical reason for it to flash unless you have unread private chat message. It sounds like some sort of glitch or malfunction but it wouldn't hurt to cycle through any private chats just in case.

Last edited:
I get the same box flashing saying you haven't joined any rooms too

I think you'll now find a slider that lets you disable chat.
Not that we wouldn't welcome you in chat as well :) I recognize it's not everyone's thing.

I am pretty sure as long as you open up the chat tab and " Browse rooms " then make sure you have " Leave room " for any chatroom. It should not be making notification sounds, ideally.

I can't think of any logical reason for it to flash unless you have unread private chat message. It sounds like some sort of glitch or malfunction but it wouldn't hurt to cycle through any private chats just in case.
Omg! There were private chats. Thank you.

Everyone,

Use the "disable chat" option to remove the bottom chat bar

1701961731443.png

To disable notification alerts click on the gear wheel top right hand corner and then click on Notifications.

1701961833419.png