Underwear (no triggers; self-care)

Underwear (no triggers; self-care)
When my daughter was in her early teens, I was folding up laundry. I noticed a bunch of lacy underwear in her size. I found her and asked her, "What's with all the lacy underwear? Who are you trying to look good for?"

"Daddy," she replied with an eye roll, "No one sees them! I wear them because they make me feel pretty!"

Fast forward to the present (she is in college now). As I have been struggling with my own self esteem, and learning to like myself, I remembered that conversation. So, I decided to splurge on myself on something other than food - I purchased several pairs of the new hi-tech underwear for men: Boxer Briefs with breathable Lycra-blend fabric, assorted colors and prints.

Sure enough, as I started wearing them, I did feel better about myself. I *did* feel more attractive! (fighting the labels I had grown up with : "Fat and Ugly")

Amazing what a little "self-care" can do to your self-esteem!

Never under estimate the power if undies...

I’m rather adventurous myself.

My oldest daughter hated VS growing up. That all either of daughters will wear now.

I purchased several pairs of the new hi-tech underwear for men: Boxer Briefs with breathable Lycra-blend fabric, assorted colors and prints.

Sure enough, as I started wearing them, I did feel better about myself. I *did* feel more attractive! (fighting the labels I had grown up with : "Fat and Ugly")

I do the same thing, got the Hanes X-temp boxer briefs they feel silky and comfy, I feel safe in them also.

I do the same thing, got the Hanes X-temp boxer briefs they feel silky and comfy, I feel safe in them also.

Yep, that's my brand!!! LOL

Anyone try the new double pouch to um prevent chafing? Or Duluth Buck Naked? Been interested but the price point for unknown keeps me away.

I caught a review of double-pouch on "The Doctors" tv show - they felt it was pretty much useless.

Anyone try the new double pouch to um prevent chafing? Or Duluth Buck Naked? Been interested but the price point for unknown keeps me away.
Well, @manipulated when I was researching undies the main focus is to stay away from cotton, you want a wicking synthetic. X-temp have done the trick for me and they even have some micro mess ones for even more air flow. Lotion to the area that chafes or powder helps.

Yes, having Alopecia Universalis (AU), I relate to this problem. Double pouch is good, and while not the best looking MyPackage brand is works really nice. Use them most when active hiking.

Have not tried Duluth Bucknaked brand.

I love Duluth Trading products!!! Especially, their firehouse pants.

Jockey seamless underwear are really nice also...

Oh boy. TMI WARNING - just went to the restroom and realized I was in too big a hurry to dress this morning or fold laundry last weekend. Jockey H fronts from my experience are NOT to be worn inside out by the "mature" man on diuretics at work in meetings with limited breaks...…..Geesh what a Tuesday this is going to be.

Oh boy. TMI WARNING - just went to the restroom and realized I was in too big a hurry to dress this morning or fold laundry last weekend. Jockey H fronts from my experience are NOT to be worn inside out by the "mature" man on diuretics at work in meetings with limited breaks...…..Geesh what a Tuesday this is going to be.
Are you aware they make ‘special’ underwear for that. They’re actually quite comfortable...

(I had a stent in my ureter and bladder for several months. Urgency and leaks... ugh)

Reading what you said all guys it triggers lost of stuff. Some one mention self esteem. I am in tears because it toutch something in me wen you talk about buying underwear. I was a child wen i was abuse so all of my esteem was lots and gone. Few years ago 2 to be exact I went to by underwear and i was real proud about them it gave me confidence even my penis got a bit hard. I told my T and he mention to me that i should be real proud of myself because i was healing as not to be a peace of meat. That it was normal to be proud of my body and be good about it.

Reading what you said all guys it triggers lost of stuff. Some one mention self esteem. I am in tears because it toutch something in me wen you talk about buying underwear. I was a child wen i was abuse so all of my esteem was lots and gone. Few years ago 2 to be exact I went to by underwear and i was real proud about them it gave me confidence even my penis got a bit hard. I told my T and he mention to me that i should be real proud of myself because i was healing as not to be a peace of meat. That it was normal to be proud of my body and be good about it.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!!!

awesome brother! lots of truth there!
I’ll have to say. Some of the posts here are inspiring. Especially uni.vie... I haven’t gotten to the point where I tell my T things like that. I guess I need to be a little more proactive and candid. It could provide some helpful insight.

Please SDD757 dont be hard on yourself. You dont need to tell your T whhat you dont want its ok. My guest about shering things is to be confident whit a T especialy if it is a male. Din'a male abouse us wen we were young I guest the majority here is that male abouse us. They were supose to care and protect us as we were child. Ya whit my T it took me 3 years to trust him.

Also i still keep secrets to my T specialy the ones that are real painfull or the ones that whit my father i have share that were very gross or very disgusting sickening and revolting. I don't think i will never share those thing whit him my T. I dont know if it will change thing or get me better but i do in a certain way give myself a good hand and be kind whit myself.

If i come back whit my underwear and my T and about the context whit my dad, my T was proud whit and because of me to were nice underwear because whit my dad he wanted me to always be naked in the house or in the back yard. My dad was like kind of a perv, also well i love my dad and was innocent

When my daughter was in her early teens, I was folding up laundry. I noticed a bunch of lacy underwear in her size. I found her and asked her, "What's with all the lacy underwear? Who are you trying to look good for?"

"Daddy," she replied with an eye roll, "No one sees them! I wear them because they make me feel pretty!"

Fast forward to the present (she is in college now). As I have been struggling with my own self esteem, and learning to like myself, I remembered that conversation. So, I decided to splurge on myself on something other than food - I purchased several pairs of the new hi-tech underwear for men: Boxer Briefs with breathable Lycra-blend fabric, assorted colors and prints.

You're very right . A friend of mine use to say this " Look good, smell good. Feel good" and your post reminds of that . I feel better when I take the time to get myself ready for the day. I have " off " days and often having issues when that occurs. Glad you had this positive experience.....B