My story and hello from the uk

My story and hello from the uk

Jaksuk

Registrant
Hello
First I would just like to say thanks for a warm welcome from admin
I'm male 36 from the uk in a way my story has only just begun in the last couple of months I told my long term partner that I was sexually abused by my stepfather I have mental health issues and over the last 4 years I have been working on getting to a place were it just came out, since telling her i have reported it to the nspcc and reported to police I was told about this website and found it really helpful for me and thought it was time to join in, share, talk, listen and help

Welcome! I am so sorry you had to find this place but glad you did. You will find support and help here. Welcome to the brotherhood!

Glad you found us and gave us this brief introduction. You certainly understand none of us wanted to be here, yet having found the place it has for most of us become an oasis where we can tell the truth about our past without fear of judgment. All of us know this territory from first hand experience and while our stories may be different, we all know the horror of trauma and its residue. As Jaxson says we are a brotherhood and are proud to stand together to support one another in healing. Hope to see more of you on the many forums that are part of this website. You might want to do a bit of wandering around to see everything available. Welcome!

Welcome mate! so glad u are at a place you can share and it sounds like ur partner is supportive. you are also very brave to report historic abuse. I know it can take the piss out of us when we go through the process. I hope they treat you well and you get proper closure.
we are here to help and listen.
Hi yeah I think the forum is so important to all of us, the mental health help I'm getting is brilliant really amazing, the police side well the less said the better, thanks for saying hello really makes the world seem a nicer place

Hi HL and thank you for that

Everyone's so nice considering what we're going through I am very grateful

Welcome! I am new too, so don't have much advice to give, but there's a lot of useful info here! I will say that finally facing it isn't fun but almost immediately it felt like it had less power over me!

Welcome @Jaksuk - glad you found us.