I'm not sure what to do...

I'm not sure what to do...
I don’t really want to keep reviving this thread, but… When this happened, I was shocked and hurt - that’s pretty easy to discern. Today I’m not feeling so good that I may have driven away someone who really needs this space just as much I do. It’s been pointed out to me that he may have been in distress or something - I don’t believe any us have found this place because we wanted to - and while he shouldn’t have attacked me, he does have the right to be heard. I’ve never wanted to hurt or offend anyone.

I’m just feeling some kind of way about it - I’m a little sad over it.

He has the right to be here. He does not have the right to invalidate you. This space requires mutual respect.

If this person was/is in distress then this person should seek out professional help. This discussion board is not a replacement for professional support from a qualified therapist.

He wasn't going to receive any support or benefit from this place if he attacked likely the very first person to speak to him in the chat. I'd say if he where to return in a more stable and open state, then he will get much greater benefit out of being here. It's not on you to take unmerited harassment just to let someone who needs help receive it. In the long run that won't help you OR him.

So this happened in chat... This was in the "Survivor" Room. I'm blown away by this personal attack and feeling really hurt. I just don't understand it? I've done nothing to this person... I don't even know what to do?

It was insinuated that "I'm not real", that I'm disrespectful to the users of MS due to user name, that I am not a victim, and that I have no idea what it is to be one...

I'm actually really hurt by this unwarranted character bashing.
Silly you are someone who I felt so welcomed by and was truly respectful towards me. Thank you for being there for me when I really needed to chat to someone who would understand and was empathetic You deserve to be treated with respect

I’m just feeling some kind of way about it - I’m a little sad over it.
I sort of relate but it was more someone getting on to me about not hating those who abused me. This was early on and i was still trying to deal with everything and the abusers were mainly family. I felt like if i did not hate them i was like wrong like anyone abused must go to pure hate. I left chat and shared with someone how it had caused me to just fall apart. It is still something i struggle with. My T did recently pointed out that i had started saying how i hate what they did to me hate what they took from me and it is ok to hate the actions and not just totally hate them.

I am sorry you experienced that but similar to what someone else had shared, the person may have been in distress himself over something. I was told the same about this person and his struggles so then i felt bad. Now though i get it, i think at times probably a lot of us are dealing with something and we may lash out or say something in frustration and it we unfairly let it out on someone else who did not deserve it. You did nothing wrong by reaching out to the moderators as you were hurting yourself at that moment.

So this happened in chat... This was in the "Survivor" Room. I'm blown away by this personal attack and feeling really hurt. I just don't understand it? I've done nothing to this person... I don't even know what to do?

It was insinuated that "I'm not real", that I'm disrespectful to the users of MS due to user name, that I am not a victim, and that I have no idea what it is to be one...

I'm actually really hurt by this unwarranted character bashing.
I second! I love your user name!