AfterSilence.org

AfterSilence.org

JoshuaT

Registrant
Has anyone else had their account restricted? I have only posted thirteen times all of them pertaining to what therapy I find most helping in not only anxiety but also anger management with the hopes of my sharing would help. AND FOR THE RECORD THIS TYPE OF THERAPY IS USUALLY RESERVED FOR EXTREME CASES WHICH i THOUGHT THATS WHAT WE ARE!!!!!

BY THE WAY THE THERAPY AS I CALL IT IS EMBRYOTIC WATER THERAPY for those who do not know it's the utilization of a jacuzzi with the jets functioning as to replicate the digestions sounds one would here in uterus before the traumas of life happen.
It's typically reserved for officers who witness the death of a partner in the line of duty, Parents of severely retarded children who also have epilepsy, and rape victims or survivors of proven attempted murder.

Yes the site is up and functioning but as I stated I joined after being approved and only shared my triumphs thus far and reasons in my belief of why i have been triumphant in that regard and they suspended my account. I contacted the administration as to why and have yet to hear back.

That site doesn’t seem very active. I joined some time ago and found it was very quiet when compared to here.

Not sure why you need more than what is provided here.

I have been looking for an active support group like male survivors that is focused on women but haven’t found one yet.

I have started a sub on Reddit but it’s not very large so discussions are limited.

the first online support platform/ forum i discovered was fort refuge and they had a directory on their website which lead me to male survivor. it looks different now than it used to, like it downgraded but even resembles MS a little now. here's a link-> https://www.fortrefuge.com/forums/index.php

they are not women only but mostly women active there as i remember it, i am thankful they helped me arrive at male survivor

https://www.ourverity.org they say they are for everyone but according to the office staff they are not

Under resources for men they have:

Gender violence prevention – men and boys: Jackson Katz, Ed.M. is one of America’s leading anti-sexist male activists. He is widely recognized for his groundbreaking work in the field of gender violence prevention education with men and boys.

Men Can Stop Rape: Mobilizes male youth to prevent men’s violence against women.

Because men are the problem.

I quit after some members seemed to be offended when I said that I questioned #metoo and how everyone seemed to believe everyone that used it and how do we know that some of them aren’t just making up accounts of being a victim as a form of revenge against someone they don’t like. I mean that hashtag has had millions of uses now and I can’t believe that each usage is true and I also suggested that maybe we should keep an open mind that sometimes people abuse such things for attention and even revenge to ruin the lives of innocent people. I never said that everyone that used it was making it up but brought up the possibility that some of could, Everyone else was telling me to not say such things and that it was wrong for me to question #metoo. I wasn’t restricted or anything but I feel like no one there understood my viewpoint that we can’t just assume everyone who claims to be a victim of sexual assault and violence is being honest and maybe sometimes they aren’t being honest.

men are the problem.
sid, do I detect sarcasm? I genuinely can't tell. Men are conditioned by their peers and the media to hold misogynistic beliefs. There is a reason that male chauvinists like Andrew Tate are successful.

I questioned #metoo and how everyone seemed to believe everyone that used it and how do we know that some of them aren’t just making up accounts of being a victim as a form of revenge against someone they don’t like.

Jiggly, this has been the reaction most women (and men) have faced when telling their stories publicly. I think it's more than a bit naive to entertain that possibility for every case. Context matters. In a courtroom, yes, the jurors have to be open to such a possibility. In a support group, survivors need to have their allegations taken seriously. So many instances of rape/abuse are not reported and, more importantly, not investigated or prosecuted. It's far too easy to dismiss any and all allegations of abuse when using this mindset. Especially when the allegations are against someone generally held in high regard. No one wants to believe that their friend, relative, or idol is an abuser. People lie to themselves by saying "this person would not do such a thing." And sometimes, people behave like sycophants, eagerly defending some of the worst abusers. Go watch Quiet on Set if you haven't already.

sid, do I detect sarcasm? I genuinely can't tell. Men are conditioned by their peers and the media to hold misogynistic beliefs. There is a reason that male chauvinists like Andrew Tate are successful.
Yes, there is sarcasm. I do recognize that misogyny exists, and that that these issues are real and do contribute to abuse towards women, but for an organization that purports to serve everybody regardless of gender, being told that men are the problem is not what male survivors need to be told when they are looking for help. Along with the lack of REAL support they provide, it sends a message that women deserve to be supported but men do not.

Under resources for men they have:

Gender violence prevention – men and boys: Jackson Katz, Ed.M. is one of America’s leading anti-sexist male activists. He is widely recognized for his groundbreaking work in the field of gender violence prevention education with men and boys.

Men Can Stop Rape: Mobilizes male youth to prevent men’s violence against women.

Because men are the problem.
They also "offer weekly dropin group therapy for everyone" however when I went to the office I was told " it's for women only" after explaining to them I was abducted and raped by a stranger when I was twelve years old and needed to ask questions and be around survivors like me as I am on the path of seeking justice for what happened to me.

And just so everyone knows why I call It Embryotic rather than embryonic in reference to therapy is the definition of embryonic is to relate to an embryo, or as in "early stages of development" and this type of therapy is not just good at the early stages of healing but throughout time as one heals from trauma. So I introduced the T in replacement of the N

being told that men are the problem
That's not what that Therapist and organization promote at all. MCSR looks like a really great organization actually, one that would gladly support male survivors. One that promotes a lot of prosocial values and behaviors, to anyone. They want to lead society to support boys emotionally and socially; If we had that as male survivors, it would be so much easier to share our stories without shame. We would all benefit.
Their Mission:
Rooted in community, based in strength, and grounded in respect, MCSR prevents violence through transformational programs and services for youth and adults that promote healthy masculinity and empowered womanhood.

@JoshuaT , great article that talks about different therapies to support this but doesn’t mention the hydrotherapy that you originally mentioned. I just did a scan of the article, so I may have missed it.

Could you point me to which subsection in that paper it shows up? It's a very long one, and I've already read quite a few sections and I'm not even close to done.

I took the hydrotherapy that was being practiced on severely mentally handicapped children who also suffered from epileptic episodes which I am unsure if it had any success in preventing epilepsy however parents did find that tantrums were less severe with repeated sessions