*Triggers Possible* My Story Thus Far

Triggers
*Triggers Possible* My Story Thus Far
My story as it stands to present.

December 23, 2022. This was the night when everything began to trickle in.
At this time I was dating my girlfriend (currently ex in present day) and she was very upset that I had a hard time kissing her and after the first kiss refused her from wanting to makeout or kiss any further (she has past relationship trauma).
That night I was praying and talking about the instance above (note: imma Jesus freak; I don't hate on others) and this old "dream" about my blood grandparents' youngest son came tricking in of him sexually arousing me in my childhood home laundry room. It was first a shadow of him gving off his very dark aura. Then the physical memories came and the emotional turmoil. I held onto that memory trying to make sense of it, put it into chronological order, while also trying to find a way to deny it. It was only after Christmas that I told someone.

December 26, 2022. On this day I finished writing to my dad a 3 paged letter. In it I tell him everything. Then we tell my mom. Mind you each time I tried to speak I began to cry and shake uncontrollably. Afterwards, I end up getting his number to text and ask him if he ever sexually took advantage of me when I was young. He said no, the proceeds to tell his parents and the they tell the rest of the family. (NOTE: he has been a professional drug addict for 25+ and narcissistic and enabled by his mother who is also narcissistic [important for later]).

December 29, 2022. My mom and I go to my blood grandparents' home (1722ft away from ours [important for later]). We walk in and blood grandmother says we have to wait as she is doing her hair. Once done with her hair she changes the story to she was getting dressed. I tell them everything but the details. Blood granddad us sorry and saying all these things to try and console me saying he will never be in this state . . . while Blood grandmom is asking for details of the event (twice within 5 minutes) causing me to relive that event. My mother stands up for me and defends me while my Blood granddad is silent (a common theme for him).

December 31, 2022. I have my first panic attack at an new year's eve with girlfriend.
I drove so she could drink. She ends up smoking and I smell the smoke mixed with the smell of alcohol triggering me. After a 15 minute panic attack and another 15 to calm down we leave much to my girlfriend's chagrin.
Between then and February 11, 2023 I'm given 4 ultimatums of be better or we're done. We trauma clashed hard.

January 1- May 12, 2023. I finish up my last semester of college and go ti therapy. I work through a lot of triggers.

March 13, 2023. Another trickle; a second memory resurfaces.
This time after 2 weeks of lower body convulsions I realized that I was raped in my childhood bathroom.

November 1, 2023. I were betrayed. Blood grandparents move my abuser to our state.
We found out through other family that were told to keep it a secret that they moved their youngest into a rehab place 1hour from us but before that he lived with them for 2 weeks, 1722ft away from me, breaking their word that he would never be down here.

Several times my parents called them out and they dug in their heels. I wrote an 11 paged letter and they were apathetic. Later they blamed my dad for putting me up to it. We even met with the pastor of my church (blood grandparents and I attended the same church). It went as well as expected with narcissistic grandparents.
Blood grandmom and I were exchanging texts were she was trying to blameshift and get me to forgive her. I held my ground and she then helped her son send me a text from an unknown number as I blocked all three of their numbers.

April 15, 2024. I went back to therapy. It was a new therapist who it really good at what they do.
I also had a third memory rear it's ugly head. Which two weeks before this I wasn't able to sit for long without my physical memories firing off.

April 24, 2024. Had a Birthday therapy session! It was good. Made a bucket list of fun things to help me age up from my trauma 8 yrs old me to older me. Also was diagnosed with PTSD (derealization).

-The memories are from being around 7-9 yrs old.
-The rest of the family believes and supports me.
-The blood grandparents and their child have isolated themselves from the rest of the family.
-Sexual abuse runs down that side of the family (my blood grandmom and my great aunt, my mom, and I wouldn't be suprised if even my abuser was)

Before all this I cut without really knowing why (I became emotionless). I also tried suicide 26-7 times via mixing over the counter prescriptions. Fully blessed as my organ shouldn't be functioning right now. I struggle is same sex attraction (I do not hate anyone of the LGB). I do know that before that age of 7, I only liked girls.

I am so very blessed to have the support of all my family.

Any questions or if anything is unclear please feel free to reply or message . . . This is my first post so . . . 😁

Hey PineTree. Welcome! I am also new to the community but have been reading lots of historical posts and can definitely see there is a lot of support available.

Wow, what a story! I'm really impressed you can just type it all out. You're doing the right things by seeing a therapist, documenting feelings / memories, gaining appropriate validation, seeking to understand yourself, etc. I'm impressed you can be so open about things like suicide, LGB+ feelings, and even Jesus (I am also a believer, incidentally). None of this is easy, but you're doing great.

This is going to take time. Lots of it. It's going to have more consequences in your life and relationships until things sort out. Nobody knows exactly how long it takes any particular human to heal completely from these kinds of wounds, but I can say that it *IS* possible. You can, someday, have a life filled with peace, emotional stability, and even joy. It's not today, but it will come if you keep doing the right stuff.

Let me know how I can help. Hope we stay in touch.

-Marcus

Hey PineTree. Welcome! I am also new to the community but have been reading lots of historical posts and can definitely see there is a lot of support available.

Wow, what a story! I'm really impressed you can just type it all out. You're doing the right things by seeing a therapist, documenting feelings / memories, gaining appropriate validation, seeking to understand yourself, etc. I'm impressed you can be so open about things like suicide, LGB+ feelings, and even Jesus (I am also a believer, incidentally). None of this is easy, but you're doing great.

This is going to take time. Lots of it. It's going to have more consequences in your life and relationships until things sort out. Nobody knows exactly how long it takes any particular human to heal completely from these kinds of wounds, but I can say that it *IS* possible. You can, someday, have a life filled with peace, emotional stability, and even joy. It's not today, but it will come if you keep doing the right stuff.

Let me know how I can help. Hope we stay in touch.

-Marcus
Hey Marcus! Thanks and welcome as well.
I was in the bath having a hard time sleeping so I wrote it in my notes and copy it over to the post.
Thanks for the welcome :)
It is hard. The first therapist I went to when I tried the suicide I "broke" because he didn't know what to do. Last year I went to counseling at my school (was free). This year being an alumni of my school they still offer free counseling so I took it.
Yesterday was hard cuz it was both my bday and my therapy session. It was good, finding out I have PTSD was really hard. Looking into a service animal.

I am easier at being vulnerable with facts but not with emotions. Have gotten better but still a marine oyster or freshwater mussel when it comes to my emotions. Thanyou for the support.

I'm more of a short distance guy and tend to go head first to get through a problem forgetting the journey is just as in not more important than the destination for without the journey there is no destination. I'm trying to work on my long distance endurance :)
Everything in his timing is a good reminder.

-Prayer for a service dog would be great.
-I'm also visiting Ireland for a week by myself, super excited for. I'm trying to move there eventually (feeling Yahweh call me to go).
-I'm also going back to my home camp Northern Frontier (NF). It's an all guys camp and CSB (Christian Service Brigade) affiliated. Last summer I went and it was good and hoping this year will be similar . . . I'll be the waterfront director there.

Is there anything I can pray for you about?
I would appreciate the staying in contact very much :)

PineTree

My story as it stands to present.

December 23, 2022. This was the night when everything began to trickle in.
At this time I was dating my girlfriend (currently ex in present day) and she was very upset that I had a hard time kissing her and after the first kiss refused her from wanting to makeout or kiss any further (she has past relationship trauma).
That night I was praying and talking about the instance above (note: imma Jesus freak; I don't hate on others) and this old "dream" about my blood grandparents' youngest son came tricking in of him sexually arousing me in my childhood home laundry room. It was first a shadow of him gving off his very dark aura. Then the physical memories came and the emotional turmoil. I held onto that memory trying to make sense of it, put it into chronological order, while also trying to find a way to deny it. It was only after Christmas that I told someone.

December 26, 2022. On this day I finished writing to my dad a 3 paged letter. In it I tell him everything. Then we tell my mom. Mind you each time I tried to speak I began to cry and shake uncontrollably. Afterwards, I end up getting his number to text and ask him if he ever sexually took advantage of me when I was young. He said no, the proceeds to tell his parents and the they tell the rest of the family. (NOTE: he has been a professional drug addict for 25+ and narcissistic and enabled by his mother who is also narcissistic [important for later]).

December 29, 2022. My mom and I go to my blood grandparents' home (1722ft away from ours [important for later]). We walk in and blood grandmother says we have to wait as she is doing her hair. Once done with her hair she changes the story to she was getting dressed. I tell them everything but the details. Blood granddad us sorry and saying all these things to try and console me saying he will never be in this state . . . while Blood grandmom is asking for details of the event (twice within 5 minutes) causing me to relive that event. My mother stands up for me and defends me while my Blood granddad is silent (a common theme for him).

December 31, 2022. I have my first panic attack at an new year's eve with girlfriend.
I drove so she could drink. She ends up smoking and I smell the smoke mixed with the smell of alcohol triggering me. After a 15 minute panic attack and another 15 to calm down we leave much to my girlfriend's chagrin.
Between then and February 11, 2023 I'm given 4 ultimatums of be better or we're done. We trauma clashed hard.

January 1- May 12, 2023. I finish up my last semester of college and go ti therapy. I work through a lot of triggers.

March 13, 2023. Another trickle; a second memory resurfaces.
This time after 2 weeks of lower body convulsions I realized that I was raped in my childhood bathroom.

November 1, 2023. I were betrayed. Blood grandparents move my abuser to our state.
We found out through other family that were told to keep it a secret that they moved their youngest into a rehab place 1hour from us but before that he lived with them for 2 weeks, 1722ft away from me, breaking their word that he would never be down here.

Several times my parents called them out and they dug in their heels. I wrote an 11 paged letter and they were apathetic. Later they blamed my dad for putting me up to it. We even met with the pastor of my church (blood grandparents and I attended the same church). It went as well as expected with narcissistic grandparents.
Blood grandmom and I were exchanging texts were she was trying to blameshift and get me to forgive her. I held my ground and she then helped her son send me a text from an unknown number as I blocked all three of their numbers.

April 15, 2024. I went back to therapy. It was a new therapist who it really good at what they do.
I also had a third memory rear it's ugly head. Which two weeks before this I wasn't able to sit for long without my physical memories firing off.

April 24, 2024. Had a Birthday therapy session! It was good. Made a bucket list of fun things to help me age up from my trauma 8 yrs old me to older me. Also was diagnosed with PTSD (derealization).

-The memories are from being around 7-9 yrs old.
-The rest of the family believes and supports me.
-The blood grandparents and their child have isolated themselves from the rest of the family.
-Sexual abuse runs down that side of the family (my blood grandmom and my great aunt, my mom, and I wouldn't be suprised if even my abuser was)

Before all this I cut without really knowing why (I became emotionless). I also tried suicide 26-7 times via mixing over the counter prescriptions. Fully blessed as my organ shouldn't be functioning right now. I struggle is same sex attraction (I do not hate anyone of the LGB). I do know that before that age of 7, I only liked girls.

I am so very blessed to have the support of all my family.

Any questions or if anything is unclear please feel free to reply or message . . . This is my first post so . . . 😁
Hey man i understand the struggle. Im so sorry for what you went through, So frustrating. im really glad you have sought out therapy. Congratulations on being able to share, its definitly a part of healing.

Hey man i understand the struggle. Im so sorry for what you went through, So frustrating. im really glad you have sought out therapy. Congratulations on being able to share, its definitly a part of healing.
Thanks. There is a good deal of cathartic release in all of this. Both the posting and the replies.

I struggle is same sex attraction (I do not hate anyone of the LGB). I do know that before that age of 7, I only liked girls.
sexuality can change over time. it's nothing to be ashamed of. what about same sex attraction is distressing to you?

Hey Marcus! Thanks and welcome as well.
I was in the bath having a hard time sleeping so I wrote it in my notes and copy it over to the post.
Thanks for the welcome :)
It is hard. The first therapist I went to when I tried the suicide I "broke" because he didn't know what to do. Last year I went to counseling at my school (was free). This year being an alumni of my school they still offer free counseling so I took it.
Yesterday was hard cuz it was both my bday and my therapy session. It was good, finding out I have PTSD was really hard. Looking into a service animal.

I am easier at being vulnerable with facts but not with emotions. Have gotten better but still a marine oyster or freshwater mussel when it comes to my emotions. Thanyou for the support.

I'm more of a short distance guy and tend to go head first to get through a problem forgetting the journey is just as in not more important than the destination for without the journey there is no destination. I'm trying to work on my long distance endurance :)
Everything in his timing is a good reminder.

-Prayer for a service dog would be great.
-I'm also visiting Ireland for a week by myself, super excited for. I'm trying to move there eventually (feeling Yahweh call me to go).
-I'm also going back to my home camp Northern Frontier (NF). It's an all guys camp and CSB (Christian Service Brigade) affiliated. Last summer I went and it was good and hoping this year will be similar . . . I'll be the waterfront director there.

Is there anything I can pray for you about?
I would appreciate the staying in contact very much :)

PineTree
Hi PineTree

You're doing great and you have a lot to look forward to, including Ireland and NF. I love that you have solid Christian support as long as they don't shun you (I've seen that sometimes, especially on orientation issues). I agree with RPG on that stuff. Don't get alarmed and don't ever draw conclusions about *any* aspect of yourself while under so much distress. I went through a SSA phase for several years but learned most of it was my tortured brain trying to handle the weapon that attacked me. I mean, if we liken sex abuse to a knife wielding dude catching you in a back alley one night then what ELSE would you be paying attention to, right? Just be careful with any conclusion-making about yourself while you're hurting, ok?

The rest will come in time and it's smart to acknowledge this is a journey.

There are some good NGO's in most communities that help with service dog placement. I have one in my home. You can atually get about 80% of the value from literally ANY dog, from anywhere. It doesn't have to be certified to do you lots of good. Dog might help you have more fun at camp too.

Feel free to ping me directly in here. Doesn't have to be this string. I'm around anytime.

-Marcus

sexuality can change over time. it's nothing to be ashamed of. what about same sex attraction is distressing to you?
For me, it seemed to come out if nowhere. Not knowing were it came from was distressing. If it comes from my trauma, just a guess, then to some extent it is a reminder of everything.

Hi PineTree

You're doing great and you have a lot to look forward to, including Ireland and NF. I love that you have solid Christian support as long as they don't shun you (I've seen that sometimes, especially on orientation issues). I agree with RPG on that stuff. Don't get alarmed and don't ever draw conclusions about *any* aspect of yourself while under so much distress. I went through a SSA phase for several years but learned most of it was my tortured brain trying to handle the weapon that attacked me. I mean, if we liken sex abuse to a knife wielding dude catching you in a back alley one night then what ELSE would you be paying attention to, right? Just be careful with any conclusion-making about yourself while you're hurting, ok?

The rest will come in time and it's smart to acknowledge this is a journey.

There are some good NGO's in most communities that help with service dog placement. I have one in my home. You can atually get about 80% of the value from literally ANY dog, from anywhere. It doesn't have to be certified to do you lots of good. Dog might help you have more fun at camp too.

Feel free to ping me directly in here. Doesn't have to be this string. I'm around anytime.

-Marcus
Thanks.
Okay, I'll be mindful.

Yeah . . . I have to remind myself of that one.

Okay. I haven't really looked into much of this. Wednesday felt like a whole week by itself.

Definitely will do thanks :)

I struggle is same sex attraction (I do not hate anyone of the LGB). I do know that before that age of 7, I only liked girls.
I do identify as gay (and Christian) and still totally understand what you mean. I also have attractions that clearly stem from trauma, and not my "natural" or base state. There is a difference between your attractions and orientation, and traumagenic distressing and confusing "attraction" for sure.

Well said Tableau! For me my gay feelings / years / activities were clearly trauma induced, as I mentioned to Pine earlier, but that doesn't mean it's like that for everyone. I respect the LG+ community a lot and hope everyone feels comfortable here. Sorting out causes / effect on sexual identity is no small task.

I'm glad PT and others have Christians who do and also do not identify as gay so he (and everyone else) can go to either / both. This community rocks!

Studies directly assessing the association between these diverse types of maltreatment and sexuality cannot disentangle the causal direction because the sequencing of maltreatment and emerging sexuality is difficult to ascertain. Nascent same-sex orientation may increase risk of maltreatment; alternatively, maltreatment may shape sexual orientation.

I just want to caution against framing homosexuality as something to be struggled with. IMO, that framing is based on the belief (conscious or not) that homosexual behavior is sinful. Bottom line: It's okay to have these thoughts and feelings.

I agree with Marcus, I'm glad there are Xians here who fall on both ends of the Kinsey scale who can be a source of support for you.