Am I the only one??

Am I the only one??

JoshuaT

Registrant
That thinks on a national level the organization RAINN needs to be only focused on incest survivors given the fact that there are so many different variations of sexual assault and rape ( which usually means an act of violence ) where incest is usually a betrayal of trust though may have similarities to the legal definition of rape. Am I alone in the thoughts that the healing processes are completely different in obtaining a triumphant survivor testimony for either victims of these crimes?

I've used the RAINN hotline/chat function concerning issues other than incest (yes I'm an incest Survivor) without any blowback or anything. The "R" stands for rape (I'm also a rape Survivor). Did you experience problems with them? I'm really sorry if you did.

No I never used RAINN due to my belief in the fact that the crimes are not only two completely situations but the healing processes are also two completely different things. I am happy to hear that as an incest survivor ( assuming this was prior to the rape ) you found healing with the organization. I have not used them because I am not a victim of incest. I am a victim of child abduction and rape.