Quit my job

Quit my job

On December 19, 2000, I was walking from the parking lot into work when I slipped on some "black ice" and fell. I couldn't move my leg, and an ambulance came to take me to the emergency room. I damaged my knee, and had to have surgery on February 2. I was basically housebound for three months. If it hadn't have been for my neighbors bringing me food, I don't know what would have happened. I went back to work on March 10. I wasn't exactly popular at work to start with, but the pressure and stress really started after that. To make a long story short, I've been written up three times and "terminated" twice. I was supposed to have my doctor fill out yet another form and have it in by May 19. I gave it to the doctor's office on May 15. I just found out that it was never sent in, and my employer extended the time it had to be in until June 1. However, the doctor's office lost the form. My employer supposedly sent me another form, but I just have the cover letter. Even if I could get the form to the doctor's office, the doctor is in surgery all day on Friday. I took my name badge and parking sticker, and put it on my supervisor's desk. Tomorrow I file for unemployment. I wonder, "why did I put up with their abuse?" Oklahoma law is one reason. No matter what I did, I am screwed and know I won't get unemployment. So, I have no income, no insurance, and I am diabetic. I thought I'd been through every level of hell the last eight years, but now I've hit bottom. It's going to be hard to find another job, since I can't stand for any length of time. There are no government programs to help. No relatives to help. (I only hear from them when they want something!) Sorry for the long post, but today, at long last, I've hit bottom - for now. I can hardly wait for the bills to pile up, and not be able to get medication for my diabetes.

Hang in there buddy,life is like a roller
coaster when you feel like you hit bottom
the only way is up again.Things will get better with time.Take care......

Scott,

You got to hang tough, your a survivor, remember that, you been through lots worse stuff than this before and you made it.

I hate it when it seems like everything is stacking up against me, sometimes its like the whole world is doing its best to drive me down, but you know what, like tom petty says, i wont back down, i will stand my ground.

I am hoping for the best and wishing that things take a good turn for you real quick,

Safe hugs to ya, if thats ok,

John

There is a workers comp case pending, but I haven't been totally released from medical care yet. There will be hearings after that, and I already have an attorney. I need to talk to him on Monday, but may look at taking a leave instead, since I didn't quit in writing. That is a long shot, since I'd need to have a doctor OK the leave. I am going to look at all of my options, but it is a scary time right now.

I am still looking for work, wish you well with everything you have been through.

It is not easy.