a reminder to all of us

a reminder to all of us
To those of us who allow anger to dominate:

I have wracked my brain trying to figure out the best way to reply to you. I am guided by the words of compassion that I have received from Dave, Victor, Bob and others in this forum in recent months,the survivors in this forum who have the most experience and have encouraged us to be understanding, non-judgemental and kind in our relationships with other survivors, regardless of their politics or thoughts. So with this in mind, I will respond to you. Man, you have got to get it together. Your anger and cynicism is all we hear. Direct or indirect attacks on individuals will not really do any harm to any of us. We all recognize that some of us were more deeply wounded than others, and that the more damaged of us will sometimes be inappropriate and intemperate. However, your anger and loathing will ultimately eat away at you and destroy you. It is only you who is being hurt. Not only are you ignoring a festering wound on your psyche, you are throwing away the opportunity of allowing the well meaning and informed people of this forum to help you. We don't always know who you are, nor does it really matter. What does matter is your recovery. Give yourself a chance, because right now, you can't be classified as a survivor. You are a sufferer, and I am really sorry about that. Really sorry. Peace to you. Andrew

Well-spoken, Andrew.

And thanks for your gracious words.

Victor