I've written a book regarding abuse

I've written a book regarding abuse

batman72

Registrant
I've just self-published a fictional book about childhood sexual abuse. The book, titled One More Broken, is based on my CSA but there are aspects of the story in which many survivors can relate. I have my author's page:http://harrylestes.com/ which talks about childhood sexual abuse.

I owe so much to the Malesurvivor community because of the support that I've felt since joining this site. I hope that some of you can read the book. I'd love to know what you think.

Hi, Batman (Harry) -

Thanks for sharing this link. I found the description of the book here, but no excerpts or further links to page samples, download or purchase information. Being on a similar road as you, I'd be interested in your approach to writing about this topic. I started by writing about a fictional character, too - but found that I kept slipping into the first person too often, gave up, and am approaching it more as a memoir.

Hi batman

I found the same as above. I would like to read it. Thanks for sharing.

Take care
Esterio

Thank you both for your interest. I will update my website for that information.

Currently, it is on Kindle only. So if you have an Amazon account, which you can get for free, you can download the Kindle app for your device.

Also, do you think that it would be too forward to post it on the other forums?

I Hi batman

I don't know if there is any rules saying you can't. I would check with a moderator first. I maybe able to get it at Amazon. I will try again.

Take care
Esterio

Hopefully, some of you have been able to read my book. I would love some feedback from you. All of you have inspired me to continue to write because its a story about all of us. I want to continue to tell our story, too, so that no more men get added to our community!

Also, I want those of us in our community to experience healing and comfort from one another.

Thanks again for those of you that have read my story.

After some feedback from a friend, I did put my book in print. So now it is an ebook as well as a print copy. Again, I would like to encourage any of you that have read the story to give me some feedback. I'm writing a sequel to the story and would love to know if I can make improvements in my writing style.

Thanks again for those of you that have read my story.

This sounds very interesting. Where can I get your book?

Jacob S

It's on Amazon. Just search "One More Broken: Based on a Memoir" by Harry L. Estes. Again, I would greatly appreciate your feedback. Additionally, you can check out my author's website in my signature line: www.harrylestes.com

Hello, batman72 - congratulations. I have had a book published, too. It's also on Amazon & Barnes and Noble. It's called "I'm Still Here" and the pen name I use is Michael Cleremont. Yes, it's scary, exciting, freeing and empowering at the same time. You and I have been given that ability to write out words that we hope some will take to heart and see that we do survive. We survived the abuse, we can survive the recovery. Good job! I hope you're proud of yourself - you should be!

Thank you for that message. I've been pretty discouraged lately regarding my book. I'm in the process of writing another. I really appreciate your encouragement.