I got away in my 20s and was trafficked back in my 30s

I got away in my 20s and was trafficked back in my 30s

springsandcoils

New Registrant
Hello,

I found this community through Reddit's "mensrights" subreddit suggestions. I've been thinking about needing to discuss my experiences and perspective as a man with others. A lot of my traumatic life experiences and my thoughts differ with mainstream discourse, so that the older I've gotten, and generally the more profound my trauma has become, I've more and more rarely discussed any matter of myself, even in intimate relationships.

I'm in my late 30s. I grew up in a narcissistic abusive household that would take until my twenties to piece together information to understand that my loveless, lab-like home environment reflected a manufactured family that was the product of trafficking. It seems the overarching theme of my life has been sorting out the reality of what was happening inside me emotionally and intellectually while deconstructing my perception of my own abuse.

This would set me on a path of unhealthy relationships and expectations that I'd have to relentlessly confront, and bring maladjusted characters into my life repeatedly. I would become the victim of false accusations I never imagined would be my burden, go into a life of poverty to escape abusive family, lose the ability to speak and think, and claw my way out into menial labor.

Then, in 2022, I became the victim of trafficking by my family. Isolated, displaced across the country, and not having anyone to turn to. I've been attempting to prepare and seek help in isolation for approximately 2 years confined largely to a bedroom without valid I.D., bank accounts, phone numbers, my online accounts lost, and my family has kept me under total leverage, intercepting any interaction with authorities.

I'm hoping I can share my story and find advice/support here as I otherwise am in the hands of my victimizers. I've spent my time trying to understand my situation for a while at first, then attempting to contact various organizations, but largely have felt people have turned a blind eye because my situation is not convenient.

I have no words. If you can get through to this site there are shelter and other places you can go to, to get help. And I do hope you find it. Call the police and ask for a wellness check. I really do. It know what to say to you. Good luck

Glad you found us! We actually have a forum for trafficking. Check out this post for more info. There's a bunch of us who have had similar experiences.

Hello,

I found this community through Reddit's "mensrights" subreddit suggestions. I've been thinking about needing to discuss my experiences and perspective as a man with others. A lot of my traumatic life experiences and my thoughts differ with mainstream discourse, so that the older I've gotten, and generally the more profound my trauma has become, I've more and more rarely discussed any matter of myself, even in intimate relationships.

I'm in my late 30s. I grew up in a narcissistic abusive household that would take until my twenties to piece together information to understand that my loveless, lab-like home environment reflected a manufactured family that was the product of trafficking. It seems the overarching theme of my life has been sorting out the reality of what was happening inside me emotionally and intellectually while deconstructing my perception of my own abuse.

This would set me on a path of unhealthy relationships and expectations that I'd have to relentlessly confront, and bring maladjusted characters into my life repeatedly. I would become the victim of false accusations I never imagined would be my burden, go into a life of poverty to escape abusive family, lose the ability to speak and think, and claw my way out into menial labor.

Then, in 2022, I became the victim of trafficking by my family. Isolated, displaced across the country, and not having anyone to turn to. I've been attempting to prepare and seek help in isolation for approximately 2 years confined largely to a bedroom without valid I.D., bank accounts, phone numbers, my online accounts lost, and my family has kept me under total leverage, intercepting any interaction with authorities.

I'm hoping I can share my story and find advice/support here as I otherwise am in the hands of my victimizers. I've spent my time trying to understand my situation for a while at first, then attempting to contact various organizations, but largely have felt people have turned a blind eye because my situation is not convenient.
Hey

I gained my freedom nearly a decade ago in my late 20's

In short I experienced being raised by people with extreme beliefs and ideologies, arranged marriage, exploitation, coercive control, psychological, physical and sexual abuse at the hands of family members

It took time to realise I needed to escape and then many years to physically do it

Now I'm trying to escape psychologically

I can be a friendly, non judgemental ear if you wish

Peace HL

my friend, it is good that you've found this place. I recommend stepping away from the men's rights community while you work on your situation. In my opinion, it reinforces the harmful aspects of masculinity which prevent male survivors from seeking help.

How are you today?

Glad you found us! We actually have a forum for trafficking. Check out this post for more info. There's a bunch of us who have had similar experiences.

I've been told after giving a summary of my situation that it doesn't qualify as trafficking.

I've been told after giving a summary of my situation that it doesn't qualify as trafficking.

Ok! I don't know the specifics of your story. I think the way we are defining it here is if you were bought or sold for sex. (Or traded in exchange for drugs, shelter, food, etc.) So, if that was part of your history, then maybe reach out to Nathan again?

My family once moved me across the country to a place for about 6 weeks so I was out the way. They knew I was a "weak link" it worked in their favour to know exactly where I was during those 6 weeks and that I couldn't possibly mess up what they were doing on that occasion it wasn't for work or sex purely to keep me out of the way

I had no phone, no nothing really, except shelter and a bed, they gave me a bible told me it wouldn't do me any harm to read that for a few weeks
I was given food twice a day by the people watching me

Not sure what that's considered as , but it ain't right, I went through an array of emotions not really knowing when they were going to change my situation and how.
Im not sure it matters about labels,

More the impacts

As said before if you need a friendly ear your welcome to message me

My family once moved me across the country to a place for about 6 weeks so I was out the way. They knew I was a "weak link" it worked in their favour to know exactly where I was during those 6 weeks and that I couldn't possibly mess up what they were doing on that occasion it wasn't for work or sex purely to keep me out of the way

I had no phone, no nothing really, except shelter and a bed, they gave me a bible told me it wouldn't do me any harm to read that for a few weeks
I was given food twice a day by the people watching me

Not sure what that's considered as , but it ain't right, I went through an array of emotions not really knowing when they were going to change my situation and how.
Im not sure it matters about labels,

More the impacts

As said before if you need a friendly ear your welcome to message me
Right, I've found on multiple occassions that orgs are looking for a very narrow instance of what trafficking and abduction can be. Only looking for women. Only looking for children. Only looking for sex. Since my situation is ongoing, I'm not in a position where I have a report from investigations telling me exactly what info. has been acquired, illustrating the sequence of events and transactions. I can only say that I witnessed compensation happening and have been kept in a bedroom and informed I'm being claimed as a dependant, put on life insurance policies as I was being stalked/hostage, and captive to domestic servitude functions. There are other aspects preceding these events wherein I'd reported labor trafficking, drug trafficking, and other illegal practices, but I'm unsure if those intersect anything, though those incidents were covered up.

Right, I've found on multiple occassions that orgs are looking for a very narrow instance of what trafficking and abduction can be. Only looking for women. Only looking for children. Only looking for sex. Since my situation is ongoing, I'm not in a position where I have a report from investigations telling me exactly what info. has been acquired, illustrating the sequence of events and transactions. I can only say that I witnessed compensation happening and have been kept in a bedroom and informed I'm being claimed as a dependant, put on life insurance policies as I was being stalked/hostage, and captive to domestic servitude functions. There are other aspects preceding these events wherein I'd reported labor trafficking, drug trafficking, and other illegal practices, but I'm unsure if those intersect anything, though those incidents were covered up.
Yes the vast majority of services are directed at women and children I'm not sure what country your in if your in the UK I can send you info about places that helped me
I hope you find a supportive organisation to help you

Wishing you Peace in your journey HL

Hey Spring. I echo what everyone else has said above. I was manipulated by a sick family many times and it's true that they only care about their own agendas. Too many of us were nothing but objects. This leads to a totally screwed up self perception, especially regarding masculinity and sex. I don't know how you can address that without feeling safe physically and emotionally first. By coming here we can (hopefully) help you feel safe emotionally. I hope you keep posting. Just whatever you're feeling in moments. Whatever you're going through. Even if folks don't immediately respond, or if they say the 'wrong' things, it's important to stay connected and communicative. We're here for you bro.

-Marcus

Thanks NW. I'm blessed to be happily recovered and, well, happy. Hoping you have found similar path. If not please reach out to any of us. What's a DM? I'm that new, lol.

-Marcus