What's a place in nature that grounds you?

beanbean

Registrant
Is it nearby? Is it a place you haven't been to in years? Is it a place that's imaginary or haven't been to you? What about this place offers you a deeper sense of presence?

There's a bike friendly trail that I like to ride; I can load up my bike with camping gear and head out for a few days. Something about pedaling for hours on end, relative solitude and, if I'm lucky, there's nobody else at the camp sites.

I love taking my kids on this trail, but it's a completely different experience.

I'm going to be talking to my therapist about my CSA for the first time, and expect to be triggered by the memories. I plan to hit the trail for a couple days right after to reset.

The meadow, it's not far just down the mountain. Our brother and our first service animal are buried there under a giant tree surrounded by wildflowers and the like. here is a picture of our current service animal frolicking in the meadow.
IMG-2419.jpg

RgkBadger

Registrant
Being in the water, or sometimes on the water, is the most grounding for me (even though I'm not literally touching the ground, but work with me). There's something about moving through the water and the water moving along my body that is engaging and safe in ways that I struggle to find elsewhere.

Samson360

Registrant
Is it nearby? Is it a place you haven't been to in years? Is it a place that's imaginary or haven't been to you? What about this place offers you a deeper sense of presence?
Yes I do have a place where I have always been able to sort of get away from things. When I was a little boy I already really enjoyed going in the woods beside my house and stripping down naked because I just felt more free. When my dad would pull up in the yard after work I immediately felt like I was going to have a panic attack because of the severe verbal abuse he gave me, so I retreated to the woods and my raggedy Fort. Throughout the years before I moved away, I would go into the woods sometimes with my best friend and we had a pond so him and I would go swimming naked and it really helped me to be a part of nature and get away from the stresses that I was under.