welcome to my recovery oriented story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

winter-rain

Registrant
Hi, I am winter rain.
I started my recovery from mental illness, addiction and csa about five years ago. I have been non stop working on my life for five years.
I was living in group homes, hospitals, rehabs, crises centres, heavily medicated and addicted. I started to pursue answers to all my questions about life, myself, what I can do for myself, and asked myself how, where, when, who, and what and it has been non stop work, fun and healing since. I got so fed up of my situations that I decided to make a move, take risk. I googled: places for people with mental health issues to work, or be employed. I found one immediately, God has his ways. I called and two weeks later I had an interview. It went well and I started working there on a part time basis. I had to travel about three or so hours a day to get there and back, but I did it. I got up at five in the morning, enjoyed a few coffees and cigs and made my way out to the job site. I stayed working there for two years. I ended up living in a different group home after a few months, far from where I am from. i took the risk. It was hard but worth it. I continued to work and got help for my addiction with twelve step groups. I got clean from drugs, moved into a better group home and had employment. Life can be lonely, but it can also be used for solitude. The truth of the matter is that it made sense to try new things, take risk, and take help. I worked with psychiatrists, social workers, community organisations and their administartors for years. I applied for social housing and did some therapy at a mens centre for csa. Im telling you guys, its not easy but it can be fun, try having fun, and be open about others helping. I didnt like what i had to do but I got alot done and I was happy to do it. I am not writing this to compare my story with anyone elses, but to share information. So I stayed at the group home, continued to do twelve step meetings, applied to social housing and to the governemnt for therapy. I got evrything I needed, but, it took time. when i first moved in it was hard. really hard, but I enjoy working so I did. I had night terrors, vomiting, migraines, etc. But I was ready to make more changes in my life. And making changes in my life is really important to me. I took help from people. Right now I am working on a certficate from the continuing education dept of a near by university. I got a semi professional certificate for kitchen helper. I hope all people have a chance to heal, recover, change, educate, wtvr, etc etc and change themselves, their lives, their souls, their bodies, their world, and have a chance of happiness. thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.