Welcome to a new forum

Welcome to a new forum

BT

Registrant
As the saying goes be careful what you ask for!

I have been wanting to add a forum that will focus on healthy living. As survivors we have all done our share, and still do, of unhealthy things to help us cope and deal with life.

Somewhere along the way we often decide to do some things different. And often the things that seem to work for others don't quite fit us.

I hope this forum develops into something positive that will provide information, encouragement, friendship, and most importantly some fun times.

While I do have my own ideas, this is wide open. Everything from nutrition to exersize to yoga to meditation to which shoes are best for flat feet is welcome.

And finally, I am brand new to the moderator business. DWF, whom I imagine most of you know will be here as well, but be patient with me if I do something amazingly wrong...

So have some fun, and lets make all our lives better.

Brent.

Ooops, need to start a new topic instead of posting on yours, sorry.

I'm glad to have this new forum on Health and Wellbeing. And glad to have BT join the Mod squad too! He does wonders on the BoD, so we can expect miracles here too!

No pressure, Brent, no pressure at all.

But seriously....

I am looking at this forum as a place to come and share solutions and answers. And a place to come with questions about how others have made progress in their attempts to recover from the effects of sexual abuse.

I guess the thought that stays with me so much is how important my actions can be. Thinking, and reflecting and meditating and contemplating and analyzing....those are my fortes.

But sometimes a simple walk after work, as mentioned above can clear the cobwebs and provide more insight that hours of pondering.

So I guess I like to think of this as the ACTION place; where we can come and find out how we can act our way into health and wellbeing.

It's important because I know that when I began to act differently toward myself; to take better care of myself; it was at once a sign that I had acquired some small measure of self esteem and respect which I had lost along the way during the years and years following the sexual abuse; and at the same time it was the first step on the path that would lead me onward to more dignity and sanity.

Not only are my actions towards my health and wellbeing extremely potent symbols of a new attitude as in viewing myself as a person of value and worth; but they are also the means to make that promise, that potential that was so damaged by the sexual abuse, live again and find fulfilment.

I'm excited about this new forum, because during my time being a part of this community of male survivors of sexual abuse, I have been amazed at the incredible resilience of the men I have met.

And I'm looking forward to hearing and sharing about how we get well.

Glad to be a part of this. Thanks, BT, for the impetus to get this underway.

Regards,

Hi, i am glad that this new forum has opened. for myself i want solutions and support. Csa isn't just aabout pain it's how we over come that pain and teach others to do the same. light and luv, sis

pay it forward,seems like maybe this could go here,pay it forward is a movie ,just a movie not real life ,but if any group of people on this earth could makle it work its the people here. the main theme of the movie is if we as human beings could do something good for 3 people ,could be complete strangers or people we know ,but it has to be something big something thats hard for us to do ,if we do that and all we ask in return is that those 3 people do the same for three more people and on and on that maybe we could change the world! maybe i cant change the whole world by myself ,but how hard is it for me to help just 3 people ? think about it k? also if you have not seen this movie make it a point to see it soon ,ITS A REAL LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENS TO SURVIVORS OF CHILDHOOD ABUSE. maybe its just a stupid movie but whaT IF IT WORKED? sorry bout the caps lol adam

After decades of self-loathing, dazed & confused; now working on CSA stuff, conscious solutions can be a challenge. Over the years, nature was & still is my most safe sanctuary. I go there and walk, appreciative of small things and little steps...In recent time I have come to a place where I believe I have choices about how I want to live the balance of my life, tragedy or comedy. Much forgiveness has helped me chose the latter...I never got to confront the molesters, no day in court. Recently I wrote an editorial, Bangor Daily News 11/1/07, about adult confidentiality laws that protect abusers. These are some of my solutions....Merch

Does anyone know of a trip like the one the Joyful Heart Foundation offers to women that men can go on? My friend just returned from Hawaii and swam with dolphins and had a great time as well as a healing experience and I'd like to be able to do the same.

After decades of self-loathing, dazed & confused; now working on CSA stuff, conscious solutions can be a challenge. Over the years, nature was & still is my most safe sanctuary. I go there and walk, appreciative of small things and little steps...In recent time I have come to a place where I believe I have choices about how I want to live the balance of my life, tragedy or comedy. Much forgiveness has helped me chose the latter...I never got to confront the molesters, no day in court. Recently I wrote an editorial, Bangor Daily News 11/1/07, about adult confidentiality laws that protect abusers. These are some of my solutions....Merch