We.

We.

Owl

Registrant
We know the truth.

Whether or not someone was there with us to witness the abuse.

Does not change the fact that we know the truth.

We are not alone.

That is the true, truth!!

We know the truth.

Whether or not someone was there with us to witness the abuse.

Does not change the fact that we know the truth.

We are not alone.
Does not matter how old or how big we were and are now.
We know the truth.
We are not scared.
We are free.

I’m just feeling very scared and frustrated at the same time. It’s weird and I don’t like it.

Sorry your going through a bad time. I can understand that because I’ve been there. Super anxious and totally stuck in this darkness. It can pass and we’re here standing with you.

I know some of the abuse, but I don't remember all of it. My perps and parents have passed on; aunt confirms it.

The old adage is "the truth will set you free..." It is probably more accurate to say without the truth it isn't possible to find freedom or to remain free once you've found it. The truth itself won't free us. What it does is interrupt our efforts to live a lie, to run away from the pain, fear, shame, rage and grief.

It is probably safe to say that the folks who hang out on this thread know some, if not all of the truth about their abuse. It seems a bit like the onion we keep opening, layer by layer, finding more and more of what was too painful to see when we were being used by someone else caught in their distorted/perverted reality. But we know enough to realize we CAN talk about it, we CAN stop shaming ourselves about it, and we CAN ask for support as we do our healing work. All of that is predicated on knowing and telling the truth. THEN the truth will set us free... I wish us all well on this most important journey, the one we've been waiting a lifetime to take.