Vital Coronavirus Webinar debuts on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 7 pm ET

Who Wants to Attend the Coronavirus Webinar?

• I want to attend

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • I don't want to attend

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I cannot attend due to my schedule

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vital Coronavirus Webinar debuts on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 7 pm ET

brother2none

Registrant
“The Coronavirus Crisis: How Male Survivors Can Survive with Courage and Resilience” – a live webinar exclusively for the MaleSurvivor community -- is only a few days away, to be held Tuesday, March 31, 7pm ET. It will feature a panel of MaleSurvivor volunteers, including both therapists and survivors. Panelists will share information and advice for overcoming the emotional impact male survivors may experience during the current worldwide health crisis. MaleSurvivor attendees can benefit directly by asking the panelists questions; responding to interactive polls; and feeling a connection to other survivors who face common issues.

We need your input now: What questions would you like discussed? What are your concerns? How are you coping? Please respond to this discussion forum topic and help us guide the panel discussion, as we gear up for the webinar. Panelists will build your input into the webinar program.

Webinar registration details will be posted in this forum topic on Sunday, March 29, 2020, no later than 5 pm ET. Advance registration is required starting Sunday. You can register anonymously by using your MaleSurvivor account profile name. Attendees will only be identified by registered name, and not by video or audio.

This unique MaleSurvivor webinar marks the launch of our special MaleSurvivor Webinars of Recovery series. Webinar limited to 100 attendees.

REGISTRATION URL BELOW (Added Sunday, 3/29/2020 at 3:30pm):

When: Tuesday, Mar 31, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) until 8pm
Topic: Coronavirus Crisis: How Male Survivors Can Survive with Courage and Resilience, March 31, 2020 7pm ET

Register in advance for this webinar RIGHT HERE link below:
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_eMrUIal1Rm6G5Tv61rzA7Q

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Notes PLEASE READ:

You can register anonymously, use your forum member name, or use your real name. But you do need to enter a valid email address to receive the webinar URL.

Attendees using laptop or mobile will be able to view the panelists only. Attendees will not be visually seen. Attendees using the dial-in phone line will only have audio and will not be able to submit questions to the panelists or respond to interactive polls.

Please continue to post your webinar questions and issues to this topic as the panelists are monitoring it in order to prepare the webinar program.

ALL ARE INVITED! Participate as much as you want to, or just listen.

Last edited:
Work, gym, church, and everything else I did to cope with my sadness and depression are basically closed. How can I deal with this now that everything is closed.

This also led me to realize I'm not as strong of a person as I thought I was. I depend on these things to feel better throughout my week. Thank you

@brother2none - got a link to the event?? - you never said when it is actually happening.

Great to see interest and questions for the panelists for Tuesday's webinar. Want to let you know that panelists are monitoring this topic and is noting the questions and issues posted to this topic, thank you for those. Keep em coming.

Last edited:
Probably a stretch, any chance this will be closed captioned or sign language interpreted at all? Might just be great to upload a private video, let YouTube caption it. That will be good enough..

Last edited:
How to handle feeling "trapped" at home with a family. How do I get a sense of 'freedom' ? Also, in the midst of increased online "chatter", how do you find solace from a world that suddenly seems "loud" in the virtual space when you are a quiet, introverted person.

Home is my private space, my sanctuary, my escape, my safe place. It now has been invaded by work. I’m having a hard time focusing on doing my work from home. Any tips would be great from others that have always worked from home, thanks

I confess that I have not visited the forum for years. Usually, my use of the forum spikes after I attend a WoR. I read each e mail that I receive from both Male Survivor and Men Healing weekly. Yet, would it help my brothers in need if I/we attempt to be in the chatroom more often?

I confess that I have not visited the forum for years. Usually, my use of the forum spikes after I attend a WoR. I read each e mail that I receive from both Male Survivor and Men Healing weekly. Yet, would it help my brothers in need if I/we attempt to be in the chatroom more often?
Personally, I try to be in there often. Even if it's just to pop in for a few mins. I've seen several new faces there. Not necessarily new registrants. Chat can be daunting for many. But, as you point out, it could help with having some sort of connection, because it's in real time. I say, nice thought!

The webinar registration URL is now added to the original topic post above. Please READ closely the entire details. Thanks.

bump bump to the topic. free webinar tomorrow, Tuesday, March 31 at 7pm, please register, URL in opening topic post.

I’m really looking forward to this. Many people around me are testing positive for covid19, friends and family.

I’m trying to stay positive but I had extensive contact with one of them. There seems to be a connection between all the cases. :confused: