U.K. Payouts 'denied' to abuse victims with crime record

seems to me the abuse may have been the root cause of the criminal actions, i mean once your moral compass is shattered by the abuse whats left to guide you in life ? i did tons of illegal stuff growing up most was done to get by, drugs stealing etc nothing major or to crazy but there was stuff done, for a kid who grew up like i did i didnt really have any other choices in life,, so lets say a girl who was raped then turns to prostitution gets busted for it and now has a criminal record now she cant file a claim aginst her abuser who basicly set her on that path ? sounds really messed up to me the courts should take cause and effect into consideration when deciding such things

OnceInnocent

Registrant
absolutely! I mean anyone who is disadvantaged winds up being disadvantaged. I almost turned to prostitution bc of what happened to me. I did plenty of other things like being a financial basket case and taking meds that my psych prescribed but made me really unstable. also the flashbacks and intrusive memories nearly cost me my job several times... yeah, courts don't seem to blame the perp at all.

I did NOT do anything illegal and I refuse to accept abuse as a reason. Because, with that logic, anyone who was abused and goes on to abuse does it because of their abuse. And no amount of money could EVER compensate for what was done to me.

OnceInnocent

Registrant
The instance of victims becoming abusers is laughable to suggest. there IS NO COROLATION between being abused and abusing, statically speaking.
The fact is, being sexually abused DOES lead some survivors to act out. To deny that is absolute idiocy. This link shows several of those behaviors that are CLASSIC effects of sexual abuse. https://www.inspq.qc.ca/en/sexual-assault/understanding-sexual-assault/consequences
Just because you haven't done them doesn't mean the rest of us haven't or shouldn't. To insinuate that we are somehow abusers is extremely offensive.
Clearly no victim will be satisfied with just money. And victims are not trying to get money. Victims are trying to get justice. as many a lawyer has said, until they find something else, money is the best remedy for a victims that the criminal justice has available to it. The money doesn't take away pain or suffering. But what it does do is to show others that a victim is entitled to help. That is a message we should be screaming from the rooftops.
It is a dangerous thing to insinuate that because you don't want compensation, somehow other survivors are not entitled to have compensation, just because of your personal view.

seems to me the abuse may have been the root cause of the criminal actions, i mean once your moral compass is shattered by the abuse whats left to guide you in life ? i did tons of illegal stuff growing up most was done to get by, drugs stealing etc nothing major or to crazy but there was stuff done, for a kid who grew up like i did i didnt really have any other choices in life,, so lets say a girl who was raped then turns to prostitution gets busted for it and now has a criminal record now she cant file a claim aginst her abuser who basicly set her on that path ? sounds really messed up to me the courts should take cause and effect into consideration when deciding such things
Exactly my thought