Tumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tumor
2 weeks ago, an x-ray found a tumor on my thigh bone just above the knee on a routine knee examination. Tomorrow I have to get a biopsy to see what it is. My oncologist says 80% of these are benign, which is a good thing.

But I had testicular cancer in 1982 which was cured with removal of the testicle, radiation, and chemo. A prosthetic was put in. And no re-occurrence of cancer.

A little nervous for tomorrow and finding out the results. Hopefully, it is benign. I don't want to go through that again. Chemo sucks!

Sorry to hear jaxson. I hope things go well.

I had one removed as well. By chance are you a DES baby?

Sorry, I got diagnosed with prostate cancer last month. It was a tough couple months with the biopsy and stuff. Waiting was the worst. I have no appointments till September. Trying to enjoy the summer. Good luck.

Sorry, I got diagnosed with prostate cancer last month. It was a tough couple months with the biopsy and stuff. Waiting was the worst. I have no appointments till September. Trying to enjoy the summer. Good luck.
Sorry to hear...

Sorry to hear guys. Take care of your selves! The past combined with the emotional damage of trauma wreaks physical havoc according to study after study. The Body not only knows the score, it malforms in response.

Biopsy is done. Now to wait a week or so for the results. I have resolved to put this in God's hands and not worry about. Thank heaven for the pain meds after the biopsy!

Did your mother take DES (diethylstilbestrol) when she was pregnant with you?

No idea. But this is about what is happening today, not what happened back then. And from what I have just read, the danger to male babies of DES mothers is cysts, not tumors. Anyway, we will see what the biopsy says, hopefully next week.

No idea. But this is about what is happening today, not what happened back then. And from what I have just read, the danger to male babies of DES mothers is cysts, not tumors. Anyway, we will see what the biopsy says, hopefully next week.
I was born with two undescended testicles and one never got fixed even with surgery. It was a cancer risk so the doctor removed it.

I hope things go well!!!

Yeah the cysts but the testes are often damaged too and higher risk of testicular cancer in DES from what I read...kid in high school was DES and his only descended testicle developedcancer our jr year back in the 70s

I had testicular cancer when I was 31. But they were both down by then. Not convinced about the DES thing.

My mom took DES the last year it was available while pregnant with me. She died of uterine cancer at age 54. I was born with two undescended testes. One was corrected the other one was not able to be corrected. The tube was too short. I had it removed due to pain and cancer risk about 3 years ago. It was about the size of a dime. I’ve also had low T all of my life.

I also have gender identity issues...

My thoughts and prayers go with you!!

Ted

I have received the results of the biopsy. I have stage 1 multiple myeloma. At this stage, it is very treatable.

I see a radiation oncologist on Monday and then begin chemo on Tuesday. Been through this before with testicular cancer that was stage 2, many years ago, and it was cured with radiation, chemo, and surgery. So I am not scared. But chemo sucks the big one!

I’m sorry to hear. I’m glad they caught it. I hope things go well!

I've been waiting to hear about the results.
It's not a fun diagnosis for sure ... but it's better than what it could have been.

((( Jaxson )))

Status
Not open for further replies.