Trying to Live in the Reality of NOW

Trying to Live in the Reality of NOW

Tedure

Registrant
As a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, the remnants of the dragon’s storm are always with me like a quiet breeze in my mind. They will never leave… They are memories in my brain. Because of this an addict is always an addict. The only thing that changes belongs to the words recovery and connection. They are new words I’m learning and I have to relearn every day. I can’t look back to the past and I don’t want to because… Right now – Today is my life. I am learning to live in the reality of NOW. I will find joy and give joy to someone. Right now – Today I have forgiven others and myself. Right now – Today most of my thoughts are pleasant……..I am happy. Right now – Today I am calm, in control and have a feeling of all is well, other people’s welfare is more important to me than my own. Right now – Today I know where LOVE is. Right now-- Today I know God lives and he Loves me. Today is my Best Day so Far!

I recently read this quote from a respected religious leader: "I plead with you not to dwell on days now gone… The past is to be learned from but not lived in. We look back to claim the embers from glowing experiences but not the ashes. And when we have learned what we need to learn and have brought with us the best that we have experienced, then we look ahead, we remember that faith is always pointed toward the future. Faith always has to do with blessings and truths and events that will yet be effective in our lives.”

Learning to live in the Reality of NOW is a challenge for all of us, but it can be done!................ What things work for you?