Tried Intimacy Again... Epic Fail

Tried Intimacy Again... Epic Fail

Learn24Give

Registrant
Coming to accept the abuse I have endured has let me unable to be intimate. I have been dating someone (F) for six months and I have not been able to consummate our relationship. My abuser was also a woman. This has left me feeling worthless and broken. I can't seem to stay aroused taking the lead in the bedroom. I am so failing at this.

It will get easier. I know it doesn't seem like it right now. Also there is a possibility you are a submissive which is nothing to be ashamed of. Welcome home.

Often, as we heal, sex seems like the last of the puzzle pieces to fall into place. It's a doozy. Unfortunately lots of here have had the same experience as you.

A therapist once reminded me that I'm not broken - my reactions to and during sex make perfect sense for someone who has been through sexual trauma.

Coming to accept the abuse I have endured has let me unable to be intimate. I have been dating someone (F) for six months and I have not been able to consummate our relationship. My abuser was also a woman. This has left me feeling worthless and broken. I can't seem to stay aroused taking the lead in the bedroom. I am so failing at this.
Learn24Give

Take your time, do not put pressure on your self as you are working through the abuse and healing. It takes time and the perso you are dating seems not to be pressuring you. There will be the day when you feel safe and the time together will be joyful and you will feel the passion.

Your therapist is correct, you are not broken.

Kevin

I can relate to your problem. I have had intimacy issues in the bedroom with my wife due to my relationship with my mother all these years. Your not broken as I feel the same way too.

I am so failing at this.
That very statement has applied to me several times regarding this very issue. I was always told failure was unacceptable in those cases that was just too damn bad. Because I failed time and again in this aspect of life I surely do know how that feels. This doesn't mean that you are broken. I just don't know how to fix it.

Man I could tell countless stories where this has happened to me. Agitation and anger many women come on to me and i try to escape with more numbing. Any way you could sleep on the floor next to her? For me she gave me when and I cried on the couch in a state of complete utter annihilation. I remembered my sister … it was scary and sad