told my dad im bi.

told my dad im bi.

DrGreen

Registrant
so, yesterday, i summoned up the courage to tell my dad i am bisexual.

started with - well, I am guessing this will come as no surprise to you...

I was right. after 52 years of knowing me... hehe not surprised.

It really lifted a lot of weight off my shoulders though and we had a really long deep conversation. it was really a great day yesterday.

Made me wonder why i was so reluctant to tell him.

And I ask why it took me so long to admit it to myself....

I remember telling my parents that I was gay at 20. They were not surprised at all. They knew. I never dated girls in h.s. -- But a year later I had a threesome with my best friend & his wife. We were all messed up on drugs at the time. I guess I'm technically bi 'cause I had later hetero experiences, as well as same sex. All my assaults were from men tho'.

I never did come out to the family. Because, by the time I finally realized I was not going to be able to change, they were all gone.

I'm trying right now to tell my girlfriend. I've tried a few times but haven't had the courage to tell her I'm attracted to men too. The ironic part is that I doubt she would care, she is bi herself so, I guess its more about admitting it to myself than anything else.

I'm trying right now to tell my girlfriend. I've tried a few times but haven't had the courage to tell her I'm attracted to men too. The ironic part is that I doubt she would care, she is bi herself so, I guess its more about admitting it to myself than anything else.
exactly. it was more admitting it to myself as much as anything.

The hardest thing I ever had to do was tell my wife.
Yes Shyshark. i agree. but it has been very good. but i can imagine there are many women out there that could not deal. at least in my minds eye. that makes it very scary.

I never did come out to the family. Because, by the time I finally realized I was not going to be able to change, they were all gone.
Hi Jaxson,

Same here. My dad died when I was 11. I had not clue then. My mum died when I was 18. I never told her. I hadn't even come to that conclusion. I reckon she would have known though and it would have been no surprise to her and she'd would have been accepting of me. I know this because once she caught me and one of my mates. I was probably 15 at the time. We were both in my room and almost naked having sex when mum opened the door, she just closed it and left and we never spoke of it. There was another time I came down stairs and my friend was crying on my mum's shoulder and I stopped going into the living room and overheard her comfort him saying that his feelings were OK and she said that she thought I had the same feelings. I went back to my room in shock.

I just kind of don't think I have a sexuality. I had to give up on sex as I have always been to dam confused when it comes to sexuality. So I am none sexual as I have never figured out what I want.

I just kind of don't think I have a sexuality. I had to give up on sex as I have always been to dam confused when it comes to sexuality. So I am none sexual as I have never figured out what I want.
I am so sorry to hear that Esterio. Sexual abuse can play a real number on our sexuality.

The hardest thing I ever had to do was tell my wife.
I can only imagine. How did she take it? Because I have known bi people who have been completely faithful to their spouse anyway. It's not mutually exclusive.

It was very complex Jax.
It was complicated by the fact that our love for each other was deep and true.
I'll tell you what she said and you can judge for yourself the kind of woman she was.

"I now understand that you aren't rejecting me ... you're trying to accept yourself."
Any wonder why I loved her to death?

We did split up but remained very close for about 7 years at which time she married a wonderful man ...
but he couldn't deal with how close we were ... and I didn't blame him.
I had to break off all interaction with her ... because I didn't want to be any reason why her marriage might be strained.
It broke my heart to leave her ... but I loved her ... it was best for all 3 of us that I just stepped out of the picture.

Last edited:
Hi guys I am fairly new here....but I am a closet bisexual. I really do not enjoy being a bisexual even though society and culture have tried to tell us that is "OK" to be LGBTQ....
To me it just does not feel right but I must be honest with myself. I do love sex any kind of sex for me anyway it is all about the rush of orgasm and the need to feel loved and accepted.;):(:p