The power of Hope, Healing, and Support - We need your support to continue our mission.

The power of Hope, Healing, and Support - We need your support to continue our mission.

Nathan LaChine

Webmaster
Staff member
Dear Friends:

Less than one month ago, I arrived in New York City with about 100 fellow survivors for a preview screening of Leaving Neverland and Oprah Winfrey's conversation with the two featured survivors – Wade Robson and James Safechuck – that immediately followed.

At the close of the Oprah taping, Wade turned to us in the small audience and told us what it meant to him that we were there. He made it clear that we – the survivors in the room – were the audience that mattered most to him. While hours earlier I walked into the event not even knowing their names, I walked out of it knowing who my brothers were.

That is MaleSurvivor for me. In the weeks leading up to the release of that film, we were struggling to save this site during a critical platform upgrade. Unforeseen technical issues created unforeseen financial obstacles. While MaleSurvivor survived, it remains in need of the support of its brethren.
The most difficult thing for me to do as a survivor was to ask for help. And until I did that, I was existing from day to day, running from haunted yesterdays and wondering if there were brighter tomorrows. Everything changed when I asked for help.

MaleSurvivor is not a huge organization. We who run it are just survivors like you, volunteering our time for something we once thought we were alone with. We dared to start a small conversation. Then a strange thing happened. People joined in. They registered. Contributed. And before we knew it, we had over 13 thousand registrants. That's the size of a small city.

All of us here now have an incredible brotherhood that we share. But as volunteers, those of us who are moderators, greeters and play other administrative roles also have a trust. We want to meet that responsibility. And so we are asking for your help.

If you have read this far, I hope you can walk with me through this last paragraph. Yes. I'm asking you for your help. If every registrant donated just $5 – the amount of a Starbucks coffee and pastry – we would be healthy enough to stand solid, our footing assured, for the rest of the year. If a registrant donated $15, he would take care of two brothers who could not contribute. And a membership donation staring at $35 offers other benefits and weaves that new member into the fabric of brotherhood here in a truly supportive role to other survivors and to the site. We understand some people just can't. And to those of you, we pledge we will do all in our power to remain right here, unconditionally, steadfast and supportive. And if you are here in that capacity, look to the avatars and thank a designated Member. But if you never have contributed to organizations like ours that depend upon your support, we hope to be the one to rise to the level of your exception.

To upgrade your account to Member status, click on the link below.
MaleSurvivor Membership
To make a donation to MaleSurvivor and help is continue our mission, click on the link below.
General Donation

In Brotherhood,
MaleSurvivor

Iaccus,

Thank you for your trust and the support to MaleSurvivor! Thank you for the feedback on the donation link, when we put it in we tried to keep it as basic as possible, would you have liked to seen our logo or more wording stating this is the official donation site for MaleSurvivor? If you do not feel comfortable providing this feedback on this post please start a private conversation with me.

Take care,
Nathan

Iaccus,

Your Donation will count as your membership as we had not rolled out the membership option at the time you helped us. I will add your suggestion to my todo list, but please do know it is a rather large todo list as we are still finishing up the upgrades on the board and chat. Plus we are in the planning stages for phase 2 upgrades/redesigns :)

Thank you,
Nathan

Can I just send a check to the NJ address?

Outis,

Yes you can, on the check please put in the memo section your username so I can ensure the correct user account gets the membership upgrade. The mailing address is:
MaleSurvivor
PO Box 276
Long Valley, NJ 07853

Thank you for your support,
Nathan

Thanks!

i have been procrastinating
it’s one of my superpowers
I really appreciate this website and I appreciate everything you do to keep it going
thanks!

I just hit the link and sent my donation ... not quite sure what this is all about. :)

Nathan ... thank you so very much for your hard work and dedication to MS ... and to us.
Without guys like you ... what would we do?

with much appreciation
Sharky

Sharky,

Thank you for the kind words, if it was not for this place I do not know where I would be, there is something very special about MS and the community we have here.

Nathan

Dear MS Team,

Thank you all for this website, and this amazing resource! I had no idea a place like this existed, and that other men, like myself were dealing with struggles later in life. I’m physically alone in my journey, but not alone in spirit here on Male Survivor forum.

I proudly subscribed today.
Gratefuly, Gistin

Sir, it was just confusing to leave MS to donate. yes a logo from MS would make it less confusing for us. And it seems that since we made that donation there is now a different one to make your member donation that stays on MS. If we had known that one existed we would have used it this time. You guys are doing great work BTW!!
I did the same thing during the outage.

Gistin,

You will always have a brotherhood here to support you in your journey, we are all walking by your side! Thank you for the trust and support you have placed in MaleSurvivor.

NC-Survivor,

I have updated your account and you are now set as member, thank you for support!

Take care,
Nathan

hi Nathan, i tried to re-up my membership online but when i tried to pay it said i needed to set up some pay pal account and agree to receive mail etc, i dont want to join pay-pal just pay my membership dues im not looking to join anything else besides MS and dont need my mail box clogged with stuff i neither want nor need,, how can i just pay with my credit card ?,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks in advance BB.

hi Nathan, i tried to re-up my membership online but when i tried to pay it said i needed to set up some pay pal account and agree to receive mail etc, i dont want to join pay-pal just pay my membership dues im not looking to join anything else besides MS and dont need my mail box clogged with stuff i neither want nor need,, how can i just pay with my credit card ?,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks in advance BB.
several of us joined via the website, then added our screen name to the "notes" section, then notated here that we had done so.

Hi, Betrayed Boy -

I am sure we can accommodate a credit card without a PayPal account. Nathan is on that end of things and suspect he'll be back on here in the next twelve hours or so to help you out. The member enrollment side of the site is finally coming back to life and we do appreciate your patience.

Hi, Betrayed Boy,

If you click on the "Subscribe using a debit or credit card" you are not required to join PayPal or create a account with them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Take care,
Nathan

Interesting - the yellow button has the payment method written ON it. The white button has the payment method written ABOVE it. And they both say subscribe. Hmmm. That's confusing and I don't blame Betrayed Boy for scratching his head on this.