Hey Once,
thanks for taking the risk to share this.
Rape and abuse are so horribly destructive.

You are standing up for yourself and getting the help you need.
This tells me a lot about your strength of character.
keep up the good work!

(((((((OnceInnocent)))))))
I have no words buddy :( so sorry this happened

One night things got uncomfortable, so I just said, hey, "I'm going to bed. U can crash here if u want", but he said he would just head home. That's not what happened. I woke up and realizing he was still in the house
do you think you had already been drugged at this point??

Hi Once

Thanks for having the courage to post. I am glad to know you as a survivor. I know the feeling of someone being done with you

Take Care
Esterio

I’m aghast. There’s just no words. Just tears, an aching heart, and an enormous hug.

The things that events like that do.... so many people don’t believe. Don’t believe that they’re really true. Don’t believe that it’s a big deal. Maybe they’re right, it’s not a big deal... it’s an ENORMOUS GIGANTIC deal. They don’t get why it just doesn’t go away.

These things stay. They haunt. Much of the time they haunt because we can’t get our head around it ourselves.

I’m here for you, with you @OnceInnocent. We all are.
You’re amazingly strong. Seriously! Not just for writing and sharing, but you’re still carrying on, and being a great dad! And brave too!

I’m appalled at the way you were abused. Nobody deserves to be treated this way. My heart aches for you and wishes that I could take the pain away. None of this was your fault. I’m so sorry this happened to you. Thanks for the courage to share this painful story.

....but I think it’s the same reason for many people, they just don’t want to believe that things like that can happen because it means the world is unsafe....Basically people can’t allow themselves to believe survivors, of any terrible thing, because it would mean that terrible things really can happen to good people. That would mean those things could happen to them too.

That's a really good observation. I too have experienced that reaction from different people in different ways. It is like they are afraid that if they are around you and acknowledge your tragedy, that some sort of lightning will strike them too.

Last edited:
exactly! thanks for posting on here. I know its an old thread, thanks for keeping it alive and making me understand that im not the only one.
No you are not alone. I’m pretty sure the last guy I was with was a predator. He played me well then cut me off after her got what he wanted.

((((Once)))) You posted this on my birthday, even though I was not back here then. In this post, I feel and hear the anguish you went through. Your "friend" betrayed you. He turned out to be a rapist. And he tried to blame you for it. Which added to your shame, thinking you may have deserved it.

Friends do not do this kind of thing. It was evil and my heart absolutely breaks for what you went through!

I'm so so sorry you were victimized again. Just terrible, Makes me so angry, 'cause I can relate from personal experience. Can you really ever EVER really trust men again? Or women? Anyone for that matter. You think to yourself, oh this could never ever happen to me again... but it does. Are some men just pigs willing to take advantage of anyone they deem soft or weak? I'll never understand how people can be so uncaring of the harm they cause others. I hope for your continued recovery.