Corked within this impossible bottle
I’m safe and will never drown
However - despondently
When surviving within
These crystal walls
The warm winds
Shall never again
Bellow into my sails​

This metaphorical bottle tells a story of almost drowning and at the last minute being rescued by miraculously being able to seal the self into a bubble
The downside is what we all here are suffering from I think. The inside of the bottle can be such a safe spot, that we lose all contact with the outside world, and forget how to reach out or to accept a welcoming hand.

The inside of the bottle can be such a safe spot, that we lose all contact with the outside world, and forget how to reach out or to accept a welcoming hand.
Yep, safe but alone in that safety. And how do we squeeze out of the tiny openings? How do I trust my ability to swim when I failed so completely? Am I stronger? Am I wiser? How can I ever know from within the safety of the impossible bottled?

As always, love the imagery and the poem. The conversation regarding being safe in the bottle but isolated from the outside world is thought provoking. My solution. Inside the bottle, on the ship, a sign with a tiny hammer that says, “Break glass if you think you can make it out there.”

My solution. Inside the bottle, on the ship, a sign with a tiny hammer that says, “Break glass if you think you can make it out there.”
I love, love, love that idea and so wished I'd thought of it before writing this poem For sure there would have been a ships axe with a sign saying "in case of an emergency brake glass to break glass". Great additions Rick K

My solution. Inside the bottle, on the ship, a sign with a tiny hammer that says, “Break glass if you think you can make it out there.”
I love, love, love that idea and so wished I'd thought of it before writing this poem For sure there would have been a ships axe with a sign saying "in case of an emergency brake glass to break glass"
Yes, that is fantastic. Such a creative solution :)