Telling my wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the best today and for that matter... every day. :)

I am sending our boys to stay with my wifes parents this weekend. Because I have to talk to her about this. I am terrified about the reaction. My T told me today to rehearse the opening and then just let everything happen. I have to do this because my nightmares are increasing and I scream out in the night. She keeps asking me what they were about and I tell her I don't remember. I don't know why the nightmares are worse except I have started therapy.

My worst fear is that she will either be disgusted with me or that she will leave me. My family is my life and all I have. I know this is irrational because we love each other deeply but I cannot shake the feelings. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I am both very scared and very angry that I have to do this.
I went through that, it did not affect our relationship, it helped.

We had the talk last night. I would rather be boiled in oil than go through that again.

A lot of tears. On both sides. And I wasn't sure how it would end up. But we have been talking today and we are working through it.

I can never thank you guys enough for your incredible support. I am sure I will write more later.

Awesome!

We had the talk last night. I would rather be boiled in oil than go through that again.

A lot of tears. On both sides. And I wasn't sure how it would end up. But we have been talking today and we are working through it.

I can never thank you guys enough for your incredible support. I am sure I will write more later.
I have been lurking, supporting (in spirit I guess) and hoping for you; but I knew things would work out for you two. I’m glad you have found support in your life partner!

We have been talking a lot for the last two days. We are both processing what has happened, but it is going well and we talk until one of us needs a break. She is asking questions, but not pushing, if that makes any sense. I know this is only the beginning but I know we are going to be all right, if not stronger, as time goes on.

Deep respect Horizon... the truth will set us free. Speaking truth in the context of a loving relationship can be challenging, but it also can be life changing in a good way. Thanks for sharing this journey with all of us... many of us have the same questions and concerns as we go forward with our healing journey. We really can support one another in these more challenging moments. All the best to you and your wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.