surviving my birthday

surviving my birthday
Today is my 56th birthday. Wasn't sure how it would be, but it has been really painful so far. My mom was a central perpetrator in my childhood. As a child, I came to believe that she wished that I hadn't been born.

Going out to lunch with my wife. Breathing. Therapy. Yoga. Posting here.

Thanks all for being there.

SS

Happy 56th! I'm 60 and I'm taking me back! I am learning I'm so much more than a victim of CSA. We are all so much more. Let 56 be the healing year!

SS - I wish you the best birthday possible under the circumstances - and the best year yet as you continue on your healing journey.
I have also had issues with birthdays, so I know how tough it can be.
hoping tomorrow is better,
Lee

Happy Birthday! Maybe the best revenge is you ARE still a survivor? Not to late to start taking you back from the Perp!

Happy birthday brother. Breathing is a great place to begin... KEEP IT UP! :p

Holidays and birthdays can be challenging when our trauma reaches back into our families and childhood... too many memories to carry, including those where we were supposed to be having a great time but were really in pain, whether we knew the reason or not. So we take the opportunity to create new memories for ourselves with friends and family of choice. You can count all of as your family of choice... brothers for sure. Make the best of the day... ready for the new day. All the best to you.