suggest a poetry/verse section

suggest a poetry/verse section

rax

Registrant
Hi,

I'd like to suggest a Poetry/Verse section.

A lot of good poems are hidden between the posts and they surely deserve a separate section.

regards
rax.

That site for the poetry is fairly hidden away and not easily found. I've read some of the poetry there as well as some posted in the discussion forum and a separate new section in the discussion forum for poetry is a good idea. I don't know what it would take to implement it but if it's too difficult maybe a link to the poetry could be provided somewhere more accessible.

Steve

Yeah, a forum for poetry would be better than that link which few people know existed.
Plus, on a forum, people can post their criticism and appreciation, and interpretation and thoughts.
All that is as important as the poem itself.

just my thoughts.

I went and followed the link to the poetry section and remembered finding it and reading quite a bit of the poetry last year. I also remember feeling rather frustrated at the time that I couldn't give any feedback to the poems, many of which I thought were well written, insightful and moving. I would like to second Rax's idea that consideration be given to the idea of a section in the discussion forum for member's poetry where members would know where to post poetry, where to look for it, and where to discuss it, all in an easily accessible location. Just my two cents.

- Mick

To Rax and the other poets posting or lurking here:

You might also want to consider submitting poetry to the NOMSV Newsletter (which will have a new name soon, since the contest will be over March 1st) for publication there. You can submit material to [email protected].

Richard Gartner,
NOMSV President

[ February 16, 2002: Message edited by: RichardNYC ]