Struggling today

PRFL

Registrant
Greetings,
I’m struggling today so I’m writing just to see if it helps, if nothing else this is an update. First, the good news is that lately I’ve been noticing a pattern where I wake up in the middle of the night with depression and anxiety but I manage to feel better as the day goes on and during the evening I’m feeling almost back to my old self, so that’s encouraging. But some days are rougher than others, and today is one of the rougher ones. I attribute my difficult day to the fact that tomorrow I have my session with my T, whom I haven’t seen in several weeks, while the DBT counselor has tried to work with me. I’m fearful of getting triggered by whatever feedback he may give me. I had a session with my DBT counselor this morning but she seemed to be in a bad mood, (I gather from work issues having nothing to do with me) so while she tried to work with me, I didn’t find that session all that helpful. I went on to my yoga class, and I’m still struggling. I’ll try to do some yard work to see if that helps, I hope to be able to get a grip later on today. As for tomorrow, I’m absolutely dreading it, which makes me sad because it’s not my T’s fault that he’s triggering me so much and I’m very fearful he may decide he simply can’t work with me, despite me doing everything I’m supposed to be doing. Despite my discomfort, I’m hanging in there because running away won’t help me facing these powerful emotions. As a precaution, I scheduled a Cranio-Sacral massage therapy for tomorrow afternoon so at least I can try that to see if it helps with my anxiety, plus I can also do another yoga class later that same afternoon, plus I have another DBT session on Thursday, the day after my T’s session. So, I know I’m doing everything I’m supposed to be doing, they are doing everything they are supposed to be doing, but it’s overwhelming to see such a slow progress and it’s hard not to get discouraged. I also need to be careful that even if I have a wonderful healing cathartic session with my T tomorrow, that doesn’t mean that I’m cured, but I’m hoping that having a good session will make it easier for me to continue doing the things I need to be doing, as true healing is a slow, long-term process, but I can certainly use a boost and a sense of accomplishment to help me endure the discomfort.

Greetings,
I’m struggling today so I’m writing just to see if it helps, if nothing else this is an update. First, the good news is that lately I’ve been noticing a pattern where I wake up in the middle of the night with depression and anxiety but I manage to feel better as the day goes on and during the evening I’m feeling almost back to my old self, so that’s encouraging. But some days are rougher than others, and today is one of the rougher ones. I attribute my difficult day to the fact that tomorrow I have my session with my T, whom I haven’t seen in several weeks, while the DBT counselor has tried to work with me. I’m fearful of getting triggered by whatever feedback he may give me. I had a session with my DBT counselor this morning but she seemed to be in a bad mood, (I gather from work issues having nothing to do with me) so while she tried to work with me, I didn’t find that session all that helpful. I went on to my yoga class, and I’m still struggling. I’ll try to do some yard work to see if that helps, I hope to be able to get a grip later on today. As for tomorrow, I’m absolutely dreading it, which makes me sad because it’s not my T’s fault that he’s triggering me so much and I’m very fearful he may decide he simply can’t work with me, despite me doing everything I’m supposed to be doing. Despite my discomfort, I’m hanging in there because running away won’t help me facing these powerful emotions. As a precaution, I scheduled a Cranio-Sacral massage therapy for tomorrow afternoon so at least I can try that to see if it helps with my anxiety, plus I can also do another yoga class later that same afternoon, plus I have another DBT session on Thursday, the day after my T’s session. So, I know I’m doing everything I’m supposed to be doing, they are doing everything they are supposed to be doing, but it’s overwhelming to see such a slow progress and it’s hard not to get discouraged. I also need to be careful that even if I have a wonderful healing cathartic session with my T tomorrow, that doesn’t mean that I’m cured, but I’m hoping that having a good session will make it easier for me to continue doing the things I need to be doing, as true healing is a slow, long-term process, but I can certainly use a boost and a sense of accomplishment to help me endure the discomfort.
Have you been prescribed meds to help balance your moods? That was very helpful for me.

PRFL

Registrant
I’m on Paxil, for the last 3 weeks. It has definitely helped but it doesn’t address my emotional issues, so I know I can’t avoid all this discomfort. Since Paxil can take up to 6 weeks to work, I’m hoping I’ll keep getting better, even if slowly. Externally, I’m already doing better as in being more active, being able to function better, even the sleep issue, as bad as it is, is better than before. A lot of my turmoil is anticipatory anxiety about tomorrow’s session, so I can only see where it goes.