while I'm not supposed
to feel or grow or spill
but always will, accidentally

he wraps his prey
in a corner of his
silvery filigree
in this cocoon I'll always stay
even after I broke away

It's beautifully written. Knowing what it all really refers to makes it so heartbreaking for those of us here that read it.
I enjoy reading the work of talented people. It lifts me up. But also I'm crushed for the boy that this poem was inspired by.

Thank you for sharing.

@82Tango
Thank you so much for liking the poem. I am glad something in it speaks to you.

@Darren White, Wow it’s extremely creative way to express the feels. But so saddened by why! The power of the memory
in this cocoon I will alway stay
even after I broke away”

I sorry that you still feel the entanglement.
Thank you for sharing this one! LRD

AlexBoyd

Registrant
@Darren White It's a fascinating way to use "cocoon" like a prison. I normally associate that word with metamorphosis and the whole concept of change and a temporary abode and never in terms of always. Thanks for pushing me to think outside the box.

@AlexBoyd
It can be a prison. Sometimes metamorphosis doesn't happen. The chrysalis stays forever in there, dies there.
Metaphorically speaking, suppose we never manage to escape certain aspects of abuse. Does it mean suffering, or does it ask for acceptance in order to move on? A difficult question.

@AlexBoyd
It can be a prison. Sometimes metamorphosis doesn't happen. The chrysalis stays forever in there, dies there.
Metaphorically speaking, suppose we never manage to escape certain aspects of abuse. Does it mean suffering, or does it ask for acceptance in order to move on? A difficult question.
An excellent question, and an excellent metaphor.