Some improvement

Ryan15

Member, Male
Even though I am still having a difficult time dealing with my csa issues and depression, I have managed to make progress in one area of my life, and that is my physical health. Even though it isn't much progress, it is something. In the month of May I managed to go swimming at my local gym eight times, and the last two weeks, I managed to go three times a week! This is about how often I went swimming each week before COVID-19 hit. I do have a personal trainer, but I have been struggling with committing to those sessions. That is something I really need to work on. I am supposed to meet with him once a week. Anyway, I have got to celebrate my successes when there are any, no matter how small.

Physical activity has had a very positive impact on my anxiety/emotional dysfunction.

Sometimes I get stuck in a rut of not getting exercise, and my mental health suffers to the point where when I finally do pull myself out to do some activity, I kick myself for not doing it sooner because the impact is so dramatic.

Like yesterday - managed to fit a hike in after work. Nevermind that that heat was so bad I was drenched in sweat. But man it felt so good.