silly signs

silly signs

victor-victim

Registrant
Funny-Signs-Fine-57.jpg

I say; good luck collecting that fine!!!!!

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr06/2013/9/13/9/enhanced-buzz-2947-1379079607-11.jpg

How do you post actual images?

Last edited by a moderator:
Victor-Victim, I actually take issue with that church sign being funny. The logical consequence of its statement is something "haha- all atheist survivors here are going to burn in hell and be tortured for eternity". I am not saying, at all, that that is what you mean. I just mean that is how I read it in this context.

Hi Vote Cthulhu,

I'm sorry the church sign didn't strike you as a bit humorous. Humor and humorous situations have been, and continue to be, a great help to me on the road to healing. Sometimes, honestly, when things overwhelm me and I feel like crying and maybe completely losing it, laughing can get me back to that safe place in my mind.

But I think humor, like art, is in the eye of the beholder. So if the sign wasn't funny to you then the sign wasn't funny. I guess it was funny to me because some church groups take themselves entirely too seriously; and it's nice to see this other side.

One of the funniest quips I've ever heard is the insomniac atheist with dyslexia who often stayed awake at night wondering if there is a dog. But I'm not sure an atheist would think it as funny as I do. So, different people, different sense of humor and It's hard to know what will offend, what will amuse.

I agree its great to laugh and that people have different senses of humour. But that post hurts me and I find it incredibly troubling, and I feel that this site should be as safe space for everyone as it can be.

I am not christian therefore, from that it follows that I don't really "like" jesus. This sign says that then the devil will take me. The devil rules over hell. It is by that logic I derive my conclusion that this sign is damning me to hell. To suffer in an eternal second life.

It hurts me to be reminded that people think because of how I picture the Universe me (and many of my friends) deserve incredible pain.

I am not trying to be attacking. I just want to voice my opinion a final time. I will, in respect for the site, this forum, and you too, not try to push the issue further.

And Bluedog, I did appreciate that joke :)

they say the twain should never meet,
and forever remain separated.

and yet here is the place where church and state connect.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/social-conservatives-leading-effort-to-block-legalization-of-sunday-alcohol-sales-in-georgia/church-state-street-signs-13/

church_state_street-sign.jpg