Broken battered torn apart
The scars that you can't see
Are inside of me
Wounds still bleeding
Still needing
my care
Buried deep in there

Dear Healing Light,
After reading what you have written today it is obvious you are doing some deep, healing work. The desire and need to heal is clear, and you seem to be going about it in a healthy way. You describe the horrific abuse clearly, and you end with insight and hope of where you are going and what you want to accomplish. I hope you find the care you need from anyone near you and especially from yourself. As you say, the wounds require your care, and it sounds to me as you are on the right track. Another excellent job writing this poem. Thank you.

Dear Healing Light,
After reading what you have written today it is obvious you are doing some deep, healing work. The desire and need to heal is clear, and you seem to be going about it in a healthy way. You describe the horrific abuse clearly, and you end with insight and hope of where you are going and what you want to accomplish. I hope you find the care you need from anyone near you and especially from yourself. As you say, the wounds require your care, and it sounds to me as you are on the right track. Another excellent job writing this poem. Thank you.
Thanks so much I appreciate your message

I'm very much trying to make self care part of my daily life . I am attempting some deep healing right now , the motivation to do that is who I have around me I'm truly blessed.

When I disclosed I was a binge drinker , addicted to prescription drugs a ton of crap coping mechanisms I try to consider how much healing I have done when I feel a bit static or stuck in my journey like now

Thanks again for your message the commeradry helps massively

Peace
HL

Tracing my finger across the scars
Whips , chains metal bars
A belt buckle
My body is a battlefield too, Inside and out, with physical and mental scars. Thank you for writing this. It made me cry, but that is a good thing to happen.
I learned to massage the scars on my body with some sort of lotion, I wish something similar existed for mental scars.
Be gentle with yourself, you're worth it.

My therapist reminds me often that the process we are attempting will regulate the time. Among other things, the body (mind) will be the timekeeper. The mind will dictate what to process, and when. You are doing an incredible job and it is fantastic to hear you are motivated by those who care for you. All of this is part of the process. I am constantly told ”to trust the process”. That’s because at times I feel I have stalled, or am going in the wrong direction. Even when I do go backwards, that is part of healing. There are new memories or new emotions to deal with, and you meet them as best you can. Baby steps are required at times, where other times we have a breakthrough. Continue on Healing Light. Patience and self compassion. You’re doing great.

My body is a battlefield too, Inside and out, with physical and mental scars. Thank you for writing this. It made me cry, but that is a good thing to happen.
I learned to massage the scars on my body with some sort of lotion, I wish something similar existed for mental scars.
Be gentle with yourself, you're worth it.

Thanks so much for your message I really appreciate it
It's funny you should say about the lotion it's actually what I was doing when I wrote that putting my lotion on

if only there was lotion for the mental ones.
I'm glad the crying was a good thing , crying is a release too I was told so much not to do it , it became hard to. Then hard not to for a time like years worth all at once came out

Thanks again Darren , wishing you peace in your healing
HL

My therapist reminds me often that the process we are attempting will regulate the time. Among other things, the body (mind) will be the timekeeper. The mind will dictate what to process, and when. You are doing an incredible job and it is fantastic to hear you are motivated by those who care for you. All of this is part of the process. I am constantly told ”to trust the process”. That’s because at times I feel I have stalled, or am going in the wrong direction. Even when I do go backwards, that is part of healing. There are new memories or new emotions to deal with, and you meet them as best you can. Baby steps are required at times, where other times we have a breakthrough. Continue on Healing Light. Patience and self compassion. You’re doing great.

Thanks so much
I needed to hear that especially "trust the process" our mind does process in its own time

Yes baby steps Sometimes and breakthroughs others it's quite the journey healing isn't it
Thanks again your messages are appreciated

Peace
HL