Scared to write this

Scared to write this
Yes as everyone said, welcome to the forum. You can feel free to talk about your abuse and other things, it helps in some ways to just get it out. I'm very sorry that you are just so young to have to go through that. My abuse happened between nine years old and 11 years old and for the most part I have had years of accepting it and trying my best to let it go. Thanks for your post, it takes courage to open up about these things.

its always saddening to hear someone has been hurt by this type of act, its brilliant to hear how other survivors are improving and strengthening themselves

Hello Joe,
I’m sorry to hear about what happened to you but glad you found MS. We welcome you with open arms. I was abused at 8 by a 14 year old boy for a period of about 9 months. As I tried to write my story for MS, I realized I only remembered the first 3 times and have disassociated the worst (last 7 months or so.) That put me in a tailspin this last year. It does explain why I was acting out in my 30-40’s with older, married men. I am in therapy for over a year but after not thinking about this for 55 years, I have struggled this last year. MS has been a big help. Be gentle on the little boy, you, who was abused. He was not responsible for what happened whether he may have thought he ‘liked’ any of it or not. That little boy should not have been put into that situation. Take care of yourself…

Longislandjoe, your situation sounds exactly like mine. I was abused by an older bother 7 years older starting at 5 until I was about 10. It started when we slept together during a New York city family trip . I was also abused by a neighborhood kid who was 4 years older. I idolized my brother. My father was somewhat distant so my brother became a father figure. His son is bipolar schizophrenic which make me worry that he abused him as well. He also is gay. I have not confronted him (I'm 62) but want him out of my life. It makes me sick when i think about what happened. I want to speak with a therapist and build a strategy to confront him. My family has been devastated by abuse. My younger brother committed suicide, and my second oldest brother is an alcoholic and sex addict. I have managed to survive with a loving wife, a faith, and with the help of SSRIs. It has not been easy. Without the medication I would not have been able to function. I'd like to get off the drugs with the help of a therapist. This forum has been really helpful to me - feeling like I'm not alone and being able to share my abuse with others who understand. I'm lucky to have found this group.

Hi Joe. Thanks for sharing and welcome (I just joined too). I’m 40, was also molested by brother 7 years older, around same age range tho I don’t remember when it started. I attempted suicide at around 20. Glad (and sad) to hear some similarities. Hope to see you around. All the best brother.
Wow sharing this really helps. Hearing similar cases is such a relief thank you! Even though I know my pain is valid, there’s still a voice in my head saying I’m crazy. This helps.

Yes as everyone said, welcome to the forum. You can feel free to talk about your abuse and other things, it helps in some ways to just get it out. I'm very sorry that you are just so young to have to go through that. My abuse happened between nine years old and 11 years old and for the most part I have had years of accepting it and trying my best to let it go. Thanks for your post, it takes courage to open up about these things.
Thank you for this!

Hello Joe,
I’m sorry to hear about what happened to you but glad you found MS. We welcome you with open arms. I was abused at 8 by a 14 year old boy for a period of about 9 months. As I tried to write my story for MS, I realized I only remembered the first 3 times and have disassociated the worst (last 7 months or so.) That put me in a tailspin this last year. It does explain why I was acting out in my 30-40’s with older, married men. I am in therapy for over a year but after not thinking about this for 55 years, I have struggled this last year. MS has been a big help. Be gentle on the little boy, you, who was abused. He was not responsible for what happened whether he may have thought he ‘liked’ any of it or not. That little boy should not have been put into that situation. Take care of yourself…
I really need reminding to be gentle with that little boy. He’s freaking the fuck out these days!! Hearing you people speak helps more than I can express!

Joe you are in the right place and that little boy inside you needs your understand and help. In time you be able to heal and that little boy will no long hurt. Stay with us and talk to us and post when you can and ready too.