Rejoice with those who rejoice; weep with those who weep. (Romans 12:15)

Rejoice with those who rejoice; weep with those who weep. (Romans 12:15)

Unatempestad

Registrant
Weep with those who weep

After my abuse, I gained an understanding for people's pain and suffering (both a gift and a curse). I am brokenhearted and I comprehend the brokenhearted . When I read about how others are feeling (through the chat, forum, or messages), I want nothing more than to hold their head against my head, rest it in my shoulder, and hug them closely. I understand them for some reason, even the guys that write "I don't know if anyone can understand what I am trying to say right now." I don't want to write advice or say supportive things, use fancy medical lingo, I want to hold them and that is all, because they are suffering. I broke down in front of a friend when I told about him about my abuse (2 years ago). I've never felt closer to another human being in my life. Two grown men crying like children.

Rejoice with those who rejoice

This is an area for self-improvement. These are the scenarios and the thoughts running through my mind:

Friends: "I'm with my wife and kids."
Me: I want a family, why can't I have that?

Co-worker: "I got a raise" "I got promoted."
Me: I've been working hard, why didn't I?

Friend: "I'm engaged."
Me: I may never find that love, I want that.

Someone: 'I'm doing better."
Me: "Why am I stuck in this depression?"

Externally I congratulate and encourage, but internally I'm fighting my demons. There are times where I am able to rejoice with others. I have to work on my self-esteem because I want to celebrate with others.

Last edited:
I feel the same way, brother!
Most men, at least the ones I know of, they sort of frown at showing any physical affection with their peers, and other men in general. They say "don't touch me." My personal opinion is that they have insecurity issues and instead of seeking to deal with them, they cover it up instead. And then there is all that self pride and peer pressure - they are afraid to do anything that might seem, you know, GAY, in front of their acquaintances. Oh that is a big no no!

But yet, but yet, some of the 'important ' people where I work, they can be walking past me (and other people in lower positions) and when you say hi to them, they have to put their hand on my shoulder. It's like the message they are conveying is that they are important and I am not! Well, guess what - the truth is, no man is an island. People need people. We all need each other. I look at other cultures, and even in the Bible, where the apostle Paul said to greet each other with a holy kiss. And this may sound silly to some people ( perhaps a pride issue) but I wish I did have more.people that I could hug and get hugs from, and even a holy kiss on the cheek, in the name of pure brotherly love. Seriously, what is wrong with that? If we men were more comfortable with ourselves and more open to sharing tender (sexless) affection, then I really believe we would not have all these social problems - suicide, people going postal, etc. I hope someday people will get off od the dead religion, stop pushing people away, and start building closer more meaningful relationships, with God and.man as well. Am I crazy or what?
Hugs to everyone that reads this.

Oh and one more thing, buddy - Psalms 34:7

I feel the same way, brother!
Most men, at least the ones I know of, they sort of frown at showing any physical affection with their peers, and other men in general. They say "don't touch me." My personal opinion is that they have insecurity issues and instead of seeking to deal with them, they cover it up instead. And then there is all that self pride and peer pressure - they are afraid to do anything that might seem, you know, GAY, in front of their acquaintances. Oh that is a big no no!

But yet, but yet, some of the 'important ' people where I work, they can be walking past me (and other people in lower positions) and when you say hi to them, they have to put their hand on my shoulder. It's like the message they are conveying is that they are important and I am not! Well, guess what - the truth is, no man is an island. People need people. We all need each other. I look at other cultures, and even in the Bible, where the apostle Paul said to greet each other with a holy kiss. And this may sound silly to some people ( perhaps a pride issue) but I wish I did have more.people that I could hug and get hugs from, and even a holy kiss on the cheek, in the name of pure brotherly love. Seriously, what is wrong with that? If we men were more comfortable with ourselves and more open to sharing tender (sexless) affection, then I really believe we would not have all these social problems - suicide, people going postal, etc. I hope someday people will get off od the dead religion, stop pushing people away, and start building closer more meaningful relationships, with God and.man as well. Am I crazy or what?
Hugs to everyone that reads this.

Oh and one more thing, buddy - Psalms 34:7

If someone is crying their heart out in front of you, I don't think the right reaction would be to stare at them. A pat on the back/shoulder/gentle touch goes a long way. Jesus is an example. I found the scripture Luke 5:13 where he cures the man with leprosy. Notice what he does and says; mainly the action since touching someone with leprosy was against the law at the time.

(((((((NC-Survivor))))))) @NC-Survivor
(((((((GonnaBalright))))))) @GonnaBalright