Recommendations for Weekend

Recommendations for Weekend

manipulated

Staff member
How about we start a thread with recommendations for life? Once a week - for the weekend if anyone has come across ANYTHING that they have enjoyed or has eased life please share- may be related but maybe not - may be books, movies (yes I know there is a thread for that but they tend to be survivor related here anything you enjoyed.

Today I have 2- the movie “Enola Holmes” - I have difficulty with suspense but thoroughly enjoyed this Sherlockian spoof.

As Recommended to me in chat over a month ago by @iaccus I LOVE my new air fryer! Crisp but juicy chicken, fish fillets, tater tots, etc. done to perfection! Finally a countertop appliance I USE almost daily.

My friend and I have been doing jigsaw puzzles... the first at Thanksgiving. We enjoyed it so much that we each bought a few more and at Christmas Eve and Day we did our fourth puzzle. It has been 30 years since I did a jigsaw puzzle, and that was with a ten year old son of good friends. We did a 1,000 piece puzzle each Christmas. Now a 500 piece puzzle is just about right. In fact, today I'm doing a puzzle on my own and my friend is doing one on her own. Doubtless I have a touch of OCD I'm carrying from the trauma... this seems a much better way of indulging that than some of the things I've done over the years... So jigsaw puzzles as an antidote to sheltering-in-place.

I enjoyed Enola Holmes Mani. I've been a Holmes fan forever so it was a natural.

NFL football,,football,,football lol

How about we start a thread with recommendations for life? Once a week - for the weekend if anyone has come across ANYTHING that they have enjoyed or has eased life please share- may be related but maybe not - may be books, movies (yes I know there is a thread for that but they tend to be survivor related here anything you enjoyed.

Today I have 2- the movie “Enola Holmes” - I have difficulty with suspense but thoroughly enjoyed this Sherlockian spoof.

As Recommended to me in chat over a month ago by @iaccus I LOVE my new air fryer! Crisp but juicy chicken, fish fillets, tater tots, etc. done to perfection! Finally a countertop appliance I USE almost daily.

I bought a journal that gives me writing prompts with key words I have to use. It's a fun challenge to do in my free time.
Still trying to figure out how to work the word "oxidation" into this story about a piano bar... lol. Its fun.

That sounds like great fun Sherlock. I don't think anything inside the piano oxidizes, so perhaps the hinges to the front door of the bar froze and patrons can't get in to here the world famous jazz pianist, or... enjoy yourself.

Those are great suggestions @Youngtrumpet and @Visitor . Thank you. I was thinking of having the piano bar take place on a cruise ship and perhaps incorporating the word to explain the rust on the anchor or something lol but now my brain is thinking again! Hmm

That sounds like great fun Sherlock. I don't think anything inside the piano oxidizes, so perhaps the hinges to the front door of the bar froze and patrons can't get in to here the world famous jazz pianist, or... enjoy yourself.

Aren't piano strings steel? If so, they would rust / oxidize.

You're right of course... I found this online.

The other change experienced by piano wire is caused by oxidation. Depending on the environment, the effects of oxidation may be more or less obvious—but they are still there. Oxidation is commonly called “rust”, but oxidation can appear in various forms.

Now you have no excuse Sherlock... LOL

[QUOTE="manipulated, post: 570869, member: 12330"
[/QUOTE. I am hearing a lot about air fryers lately. I might need to get one. Trying to become more healthy.