Rush Hiker

New Registrant
I am a 45 year old male that has been dealing with the PTSD of childhood and teenage sexual, physical, and verbal abuse. From the ages of 3-12 I was abused routinely and if I fought back I would be placed in a dirty wooden box in the garage until I was ready to comply and not fight back.
I kept all this to myself for years out of shame and how people would view me if they knew. I spent over half my life carrying this weight because I though that it was supposed to be that way. In the past 5 years I have been getting routine help with a therapist and psychiatrist. I’m still fighting and sometimes it is good to know that you’re not alone.

I have been reaching out trying to find a support group to my local area. Currently I am working with “Fresh Roots” in Rogers, Arkansas to being a male only group for men to discuss what is hard to discuss with just anyone. I find it hard to explain to others who have not dealt with Childhood sexual or physical trauma, and I want to be able to give men a safe place to discuss not only how they feel but what are we doing that helps us get through the day.

If you live in the Northwest Arkansas area I hope to find a place to meet and be heard and understood. It would be a safe place and I’m working with a therapist now to get this moving because I know the need is there. Men tend to hold it all in until they explode or destroy themselves with drugs and alcohol.

Hi Rush Hiker

Welcome to MS. Sorry for what brought you here, glad you had the courage to reach out for help. You are not alone in this. This is a good place to come and share with others that do know your pain as they have live it. Again Welcome

Take Care
Lee

Tedure

Registrant
Welcome and thanks for sharing and doing something to help. I wish I lived closer and could attend your group!

Tom E.

Registrant
Welcome Rush Hiker. I'm sorry you suffered through so much abuse. I hope you are getting the help you need.