Posted in Survivor Stories, why is it taken down?

Posted in Survivor Stories, why is it taken down?

Crowdog

Registrant
I had this issue when I first came here last year. I was told it was due to bring a trigger cause for those reading. It was in introductions. I do understand this. It was suggested that I put harsh ones on survivor Stories. That’s what I’ve done. While I understand that posts need to be moderated, I think it’s rude to take someone’s post away without a message to say why. It’s been 2 days. You open up and then left hanging. Is this a common issue and what can be done?

It was not taken away. You submitted a “Survivor Story” to a fully moderated forum - meaning posts are reviewed by the mod team in full BEFORE they are posted. You submit and the mod team posts your submission after it is reviewed and approved. ALL “staff” at MS are volunteers; no one is paid staff and there are times when no one is available with the time to review submissions for a bit. This is especially true it seems at week or month end with many of our paying gigs- you hit both. Finally what time is available is often taken up by reviewing moderating and yes enforcing the few policies and guidelines we have on the more open posting topic areas or moving threads to the proper topic area.

OK, I understand. I was being impatient but also felt a bit vulnerable. I wonder is there a way of inputting in a setting where an automatic message is sent to new people that end up in same situation. Last year, I went through the same thing and it almost made me delete my account.

I apologize that I must have missed it on Friday when I was here. I see it there now but I can certainly understand how it can be hard to not see it there for 2 days. I will send your suggestion on the automatic message along to the tech guys here to see if there is any way of doing this with our forum software (yes, we switched to new forum software last year and some of us non-techy moderators are still getting used to it). Telling your story is a very powerful thing and it is very natural to feel vulnerable and impatient and think the worst while waiting - especially if you are new to recovery

I do hope that this has not turned you off to the healing that can be found here in this site because there are a lot of great guys here to get to know and tons of great recovery help and suggestions to be found (and the Moderators here do appreciate suggestions on how to make this site a better place for everyone)

There is a post where it explains that it may take a bit of time for your submitted survivor story to show up - but I think a lot of guys somehow miss this - Full moderation of Survivor Story forums - this link is at the top of the Survivor Stories page - I will talk to the tech guys and see if there is any way to make this more visible to guys posting a survivor story for the first time.

Thanks for your reply. I won't be put off using this site for something as trivial as this. I know the benefits to staying and the problems with running away from another healing avenue. I was more concerned for folks with less confidence but I see that this is just me projecting my own stuff out. It's all good. Thanks