Place in recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Place in recovery
In 2004, I came here as a broken, frightened man after finally realizing what all the memories really were. This was my first refuge. That taught me I am not alone. It was a very dark time. And I had zero hope of it ever getting better, even though you assured me it would. I went to a WoR at Hope Springs in that September. First time I ever met survivors face to face. It was both exhilarating and scary.

It took a number of years without making much progress because I was scared about what I would have to face. When I finally faced that fear and went to the VA for help, that was the real start to my recovery. I got on meds to deal with my PTSD (Both CSA and combat) and they helped quiet my mind so I could go forward.

Fast forward to 2019. After years of hard work, I am here to tell you that there is hope and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Will I ever be fully recovered? I don't know. But I am at a place of peace and contentment, even though things can still get tough sometimes. I learned that the only thing that never changes is everything changes. Thank you and God bless you MS, as well as all my brothers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.