Phoenix, AZ

Phoenix, AZ

Dewey2k

Looking to form a survivor group in Phoenix, AZ and surrounding area. I'm tired of doing this alone. PM me or reply if interested.

I'm also in the Valley of the Sun Dewey2k. I've been curious about a group therapy session in our area. I don't know how we get one started or find one but I would like to try one, see what its like.

Charlie.

Let's give it a few days to see if anyone else posts. If not, then we'll see what we can do to set something up.

Second call for a group in Phoenix, AZ metro area.

Best of wishes for you in your endeavor Dewey. I am trying to start a group in the Tacoma, Washington area.

paul

I met with a T today who said he would help spread the word locally. Anyone interested in joining the group in the Phoenix metro area, please PM me.

Hi Dwayne,

When the group becomes a reality please contact Jim Struve so he can give you the contact form to fill out. He'll then send it in to be posted on the new FIND SUPPORT tab that will be on the homepage by the end of February.

Dale

If anyone still reads this thread, I am in Prescott Valley, AZ, and looking for a male CSA survivors group that's at least as close as Phoenix. If it's that far, though, I guess I could do once a month at best, but I would be thrilled to discover there were other male survivors nearby and we could meet and discuss and do like a 12 step thing.

iaccus said:
I am traveling to Phoenix Arizona next week. has anyone found any groups or meetings in the area?

iaccus, brother, I'm aware of enough to want the best if possible... you know what I mean.

I just looked, man, there's not a group for csa to be found in any Google or Bing search, nor does it seem the one group labeled Tempe on MS site of Arizona groups might actually be?'
http://www.malesurvivor.org/support_groups/support-groups/72/tempe-az-agency-sponsored-support-group/

But check that MS link anyway, it means you leave a message with the guy listed. The message box is at the bottom of the page. Otherwise you would call that number.

If that's not in the cards, my search shows there's only therapists groups, or open anxiety or co-dependency groups. I think co-dep might be useful, but when needing a safe place to bring up csa ptsd, I just don't know?

An idea came to me. My T mentioned an app for my phone or computer that shows people doing groups for hundreds of reasons. It's called "Meetup". I've looked and it seems, someday I might try one just to restart social interaction of some other kind? But, I noticed something while looking in Phoenix, and it's very interesting. I'll be looking around Minneapolis for one, now that I'm aware. I don't know if you would want something like this for the short visit, but if anything would be useful, I think it would be "Unconditional Love" as a free, and inviting group. So, here's one of two links:
1) http://www.loving-groups.com/free-support-groups

2) https://www.meetup.com/LOVING-GROUPS/

I mentioned I've not joined any group yet, but I really am going to keep considering it.

Because of the recent considerations, and past with Arizona, I'm trying to think of something that might help, and it seemed possible?

Bless you iaccus!

I just spent time looking locally here, and found one in St. Paul, Mn, and it looked interesting. It's going to stay on my radar.

I agree to checking like this. There has to be stuff for us sometime. That MS and other exist is encouraging. Awareness for services will grow eventually.