Over my head here

I feel like I have dived in over my head, just by joining here. I see other people's stories and I am amazed that anyone is able to share this stuff. I can't even find words, and I started to share something and then deleted it. Everything feels overwhelming right now, and I don't know how to get over that feeling. I feel some connection here, but yet even here, I feel alone, and I don't think that even makes sense. I don't know what I'm doing at this point. Other than rambling on a website with a bunch of strangers.

It is exactly as you say in the beginning for most of us. It is confusing, and often wrapped in shame. I certainly felt very alone in my pain at first. Please give yourself some space, as there is no need to be an overachiever on sharing. I share after long hours, days, weeks, months of reflection on my memories. I'm a lot more "at ease" with what happened than I was 6 months ago after first recall, though I'm still struggling with all the current irl outcomes still causing me personal issues. Everyone's plight is different, though we share similar themes.

I feel like I have dived in over my head, just by joining here. I see other people's stories and I am amazed that anyone is able to share this stuff. I can't even find words, and I started to share something and then deleted it. Everything feels overwhelming right now, and I don't know how to get over that feeling. I feel some connection here, but yet even here, I feel alone, and I don't think that even makes sense. I don't know what I'm doing at this point. Other than rambling on a website with a bunch of strangers.

Just feeling alone about all this is normal. And what you get out of it is what you want. If you post or reply, you'll see what people say or interact with you. If you'd rather read, just look for awhile and if you see a post but maybe don't feel comfortable posting your question or comment, DM it to the OP. You'll find your place here.

You express exactly how I felt shortly after I joined. I even started a thread asking what I was supposed to disclose. I received a ton of reassuring replies. So I will tell you the same. You don't have to do anything. Read what you can, skip what you cannot read, avoid what is too triggering. And only share what you can and are willing to share. There is no obligation whatsoever.
Just welcome here.

Dan99

Registrant
I'd echo what others have said. Share what you want and take what's helpful. Ignore the rest. Personally, I leave the site sometimes for months either because I'm so busy and productive I don't have time or I am not getting what I seek here. When that happens it's often because our experiences have brought us together, but we are all different in significant ways. This is when I fall into the trap of comparing histories. I know people say not to do it, but when someone's advice or feedback makes no sense to me often it's because our stories are very different. What's right for him isn't for me.

Sometimes, however, I am not ready to hear and use the advice I receive. I can be a stubborn and impatient person, especially with myself. That combination can help make recovery a maddeningly slow process. I struggle to let things move at their own pace. If I find a fast forward button I'll share it with everyone.

I do know that I have discussed and shared about issues here that I would never have been able to discuss just a few years ago. I have even raised issues here before I raise them with a therapist. There is so much experience here that I can get a real-world read on an issue, which helps me to discuss it more productively.

I have found this site valuable. I hope you do, too.

JeremyG

Registrant
I've only been here a short while. Not even a month. I know exactly what you're feeling and saying. And at the same time, I'll echo what others have said: You don't have to do anything here. Just let yourself be...and try not to judge yourself or rush yourself.