Novella

Novella

Me&Me

Registrant
I've written a Novella, about 25 k words. Here are the first 2 vignettes

TRUE NORTH

Interview with the author

-bad signal man
the man on the zoom call has a 1/2smile 1/2blank and the sort of casual clothes that mean he could be at work or in the pub
51Ian wears a yellow vest with a Batman logo on it
listen read it yourself man, it’s…51Ian pauses…I’m trying to get across like that…you know where I’m at. Anyhow. they’ve all got compass points. North’s going strong, South’s the opposite, mental health and shit street. East’s dreams. Wests like the existential stuff like the wrong but the right, you know on the piss, scrapping, misadventure, I can explain a bit more if you want…

PetriDish

I was born in a different abroad to the one that I lived in with theHim that made me and theShe that made me. When theHim that made me had an I’m furious there was a box of photos I’d look at when he’d calmed down and I’d hide in a corner and look at pictures of theHim and theShe in their nice clothes holding the baby Ian. There’s a picture of the baby Ian crawling naked on a towel with a cartoon of a tiger on it and we had the towel for years. It made me smiley. Then there was one of me wrapped in the towel after a bath all
smiley, one of our big Dalmatian that the him said was too daft, pictures of the him and the she in the ice that covers that abroad for 8 months of the year stood next to the car, a picture of me in a baby romper, chocolate round my mouth, smiley at the magnifico of standing with the help of a coffee table.
The petri dish was before I had memorababbles, the box of photos stays as a North and that’s me mewling and puking.

I was born in a different abroad to the one that I lived in with theHim that made me and theShe that made me. When theHim that made me had an I’m furious there was a box of photos I’d look at when he’d calmed down and I’d hide in a corner
I absolutely like this. Especially the language used. For some reason, it reminds me of Riddley Walker by Russell Hoban. Although that is hard to read because of the Riddleyspeak. But it sure has that same attraction for me (it's my favorite book)
Are you going to write the entire novella in vignettes? That's a cool thing.