new

new

i'm new here..i thought there's a chat room where i can find someone to help me but i couldn't find it.
i've been raped two weeks ago..the three abusers r from my highschool..i'm full with pain and shame..i'm 18 years old and can't protect my self!
i need someone who can talk to me and help me cos i have no one to talk to and the abusers still bothering me and i donnu what to do...please help me..

Nick,

Welcome, dang dude, real sorry you even have to be here, that totally sucks. I have never seen the chat room work here, but i have not been here that long either. Good people here, try and hook up with some of them ok?

I hope things turn around for you real quick, it sounds pretty lousy right now.

John

Hey Nick,

Only been here a couple of weeks myself-seems like everybody is new. Sorry that you have to be here, however I am beginning to posts to some really cool people.

Sad what you have had to endure, but get on the road to recovery and stay with it!!!

Looks like you have made your first step-good for you.

Hope to continue to see you around the post!

Daniel :cool:

Oh yea-I have never figured out the chat room either-has anyone?

Hi, Nick,

Taking the first step and telling people what happened to you is a really tough thing to do. Thank you for sharing what you did. It must not be easy to deal with.

I am very new here as well and I am glad to meet you. THe reasons why we all have come to be here are really terrible, but it is good that you have found your way here just the same.

It is odd but there are actually some positive things that have come from my being sexually abused. One of the things is that recently, I became a state certified rape crisis counsellor. I volunteer at a local agency and have found it very helpful for me to take what I have experienced and use it to try and help others come through such awful experiences. I still have really bad days but it has gotten easier to deal with the memories and flashbacks. There are a lot of ways that you can learn to make them easier to bear.

If you do need to talk, from what I have seen, there are a lot of really great people here who are willing to listen. So please keep talking. It sometimes makes it easier to deal with things when you don't keep them bottled up.

Peace,

Jim

Yes the chat room works. Before the -join- button to this discussion forum, is a button to go to the chat room.
fmighell Anc Ak :cool:

I must agree with the others,Nick. Do not let this just sit there. Abusers are voltures, birds of prey. The only way to do this and move on is to let other know. You must have faith and courage. Come up with a plan. A plan that will keep you safe. You have done nothing wrong and you did nothing to deserve what has happened to you. Fear and intimidation are the biggest tools they have. By letting other know and reporting them you remove their weapons. You start to restore your own dignity. Good luck. If you need to talk, we'll be listening. God Bless. Be safe.
Ithomas

NICK...AGAIN, I AGREE WITH THE REST, DON'T JUST SIT THERE, TALK TO US. WE ALL UNDERSTAND AND ARE HERE TO LISTEN AND HELP IF WE CAN. I KNOW THINGS ARE ALL SCREWED UP FOR YOU RIGHT NOW! BUT, HOLD ON AND TALK ABOUT IT! THAT DOES WORK.

I PRAY YOU GET HELP AND SOON.

PEACE TO YOU EACH AND EVERY NIGHT, SCOT

HAVE YOU TRIED A RAPE CRISIS HOTLINE NICK? THIS IS NOT A TRAUMA TO ENDURE ALONE. SOMETIMES THEY MAY NOT BE ABLE TO HELP YOU DIRECTLY, BUT THEY MAY KNOW SOMEONE WHO CAN. THIS HAPPENS TO OTHER ADULT MEN TOO. CALL A THERAPIST. THE LONGER YOU WAIT TO DO SO, THE MORE THE DAYS OF PAIN WILL ACCUMULATE AND EAT AT YOU.
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND TELL SOMEONE.
------------ BE KIND TO YOURSELF --RJD

I am sorry you had to go through this. What happened to me was painful, and I am still dealing with some of it even now. I do understand the humiliation this brings, and the shame.

Nick.
I am new here too..I was raped when I was 26 and lived with depression , silence and shame for 10 years..In January I finally went to therapy and was put on an anti depressant..Don't make the mistake I did..I now now they just did not invade me on that horrid night but stole 10 years of my life..Get therapy now..I still have many issues to still work out even after 7 months of therapy, but I am beginning to live again..
Good luck to you ....
Mike

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: Mark I ]