New Treatment

New Treatment

charles123

Registrant
Hello friends. So I began treatment with a new therapist on Saturday. EMDR and also will be moving into Neurofeedback. At my first appointment just shared information about my family and abuse. It was difficult revisiting the lack of love and nurturing from my parents, I have been angry and depressed since then. My husband is not too well equipped to handle this, it is all new to him. I am concerned about my anger today and my return to work. Tried to find a 5 am SAA meeting but could not, frustrating.

I found EMDR really affective. I hope you do to.
Awareness is key to handling your feelings. Acknowledge them, even thank them for coming up. But it can be a challenge to stay "on top" of them.

Wow, thank you so much, you are the third person to speak to me about the effectiveness of EMDR. When I was in high school a therapist groomed me so when my therapist shook my hand it was almost an outer body experience. Acknowledging feelings and staying on top of them is good to hear and think about. Thank you!

Hello friends. So I began treatment with a new therapist on Saturday. EMDR and also will be moving into Neurofeedback. At my first appointment just shared information about my family and abuse. It was difficult revisiting the lack of love and nurturing from my parents, I have been angry and depressed since then. My husband is not too well equipped to handle this, it is all new to him. I am concerned about my anger today and my return to work. Tried to find a 5 am SAA meeting but could not, frustrating.
I am glad you found a T that is willing to explore options to help you heal. I did EMDR for a period of time, after years of talk therapy. I believe EMDR pushed me forward rom the gains I made with talk therapy and mindfulness. I believe we all respond differently to the therapies but EMDR is definitely on top of the list of effective therapies. I wish you well and keep us posted.

Kevin

+1 for EMDR, and presently doing it now for five months, it is effective where talk therapy alone has not, it's more emotionally focused. I am learning more about neurofeedback and why it works, I am intrigued enough to research it more about how it affects brainwave activity. I have been reading about alpha-theta training, here is an interesting link titled Deep-States and Alpha-Theta Training. EMDR touches into this realm I believe.

My new the
+1 for EMDR, and presently doing it now for five months, it is effective where talk therapy alone has not, it's more emotionally focused. I am learning more about neurofeedback and why it works, I am intrigued enough to research it more about how it affects brainwave activity. I have been reading about alpha-theta training, here is an interesting link titled Deep-States and Alpha-Theta Training. EMDR touches into this realm I believe.
r

@charles123 A few hours ago I met a new therapist. I will be doing two 4 hour "Intensives" with him. The sessions are mostly EMDR. just wanted to share that with you as an expression of my belief in the treatment.