New! Prefixed Threads: a short video on how to enrich your forum experience by using them

C. E. (Chase Eric)

Administrator
Staff member
Prefixed Threads are here! For the time being, we are limiting them to the main forum but plan to expand. A 1:49 video explains their simple use and power:

any way to suggest new labels... like "Recovery" "Thriving" "Events" "Self-Care"

Last edited:
Prefixed Threads are here! For the time being, we are limiting them to the main forum but plan to expand. A 1:49 video explains their simple use and power:
Thanks for this one. Good YouTube explanation too!

is it possible for a post to have more than one prefix/tag?

is it possible to go back and tag older posts or just new ones from this point on?

C. E. (Chase Eric)

Administrator
Staff member
is it possible for a post to have more than one prefix/tag?

is it possible to go back and tag older posts or just new ones from this point on?
There currently is no capability of using more than one tag per post but we are looking into that. But you can certainly edit a prior post you made and add a prefix tag. In fact, I already did that with my "Five Words" post.

Act like you are editing the title of your post, and the tag option is there.

C. E. (Chase Eric)

Administrator
Staff member
You may suggest new labels directly to me. The current ones are designed loosely around the existing sub fora (eg. Abuse as an Adult, Sexual Identity Issues), areas for which there are no specific sub fora but arguable could be (Incestuous Abuse, Mentor Abuse, Clergy Abuse, Scout Abuse), and issues or concerns that cross those boundaries and are shared in common among survivors (Acting Out, Relationship Issues, Anger Issues, Grooming, Disclosing Abuse).

The utility of these labels lies in their ability to narrow the focus, and their power lies in keeping the list concise. Thus, the prefixes are technically specific. Less specific terms like Recovery, Thriving or Self-care may be descriptive but are desired general outcomes rather than focused topics, so they are better suited as tags rather than prefixes. You can add those tags when building a thread. Simply go to the More Options... button at the lower right (next to Post Thread).