My son

Hello @Mōdar.

Can I say something right off the bat? You are not a mother who married a pedophile. You are a woman and a mother who (I am guessing) married a man you fell in love with and thought you knew, only to find out he was a monster. That man's actions are his and his alone, and you bear no responsibility for wat he did to your son.

In terms of understanding the dynamics of things, what's happening, and the impact on him - you will learn plenty here. If you have specific questions for men here, please don't hesitate to ask either in this public thread, or in a Conversation (click the envelope icon next to your username at the top). That's what we are here for.

Additionally, if you can somehow direct your son to this site, he can learn he's not alone. He is not the only son to be sexually abused by a father or a step-father.

Please reach out any time.
- MO

Last edited:
It’s hard for us to suggest ways for you to directly help him. I assume law enforcing do a “well-check” at your request? In most countries thee isn’t much you or they can do unless he initiates or asks for help, since he’s an adult. I can pray with you that he finds an escape, but cannot offer much more than that, along with parental empathy.

will encourage you to have some form of counseling for yourself
counseling is very important for both you and your son whether together or individually. If possible, if you can get him to come to MS it would help tremendously.

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
you need a therapist with trauma and or csa experience for something like this........if you go to the home page there's a list of questions to ask a prospective therapist so it can make it easier to choose the right one for your issues

I'm not much of a prayer person but I will say that prayer that everything should turn out well.

Last edited: