My Sick "Mother"

Cuba

New Registrant
My name is Ariel. I'm 27 years old and a first generation Cuban-American. I was molested first by my mother and once by her father. My mother kidnapped me from my father's home when I was 4. She groped, fondled, bathed me and took showers with me until I was 9 years old. We lived with an older Cuban man until my late teens who helped raise me and I liked but now I resent because he took my mother's side when i finally spoke to him about the abuse when I was 18.

I never spoke of the abuse until I was 18. I didn't want to end up in a foster home and my father is a Santero and I really hate that religion and his explosive temper. BTW I didn't get to know him again until I was 15. I told him about the abuse however, a month ago and he is taking my side on the issue but his wife thinks I am lying. At least that was what I understood after my father told me that he told her, maybe I'm wrong.

I started smoking pot when I was 14 to ease the pain from the hurtful memories (I quit recently). I never called my mother anything. Not mom, mother, mommy, nothing. I let her initiate all of the conversations. She never gave me "the talk" either. I learned about sex when I was 10 years old watching the Nickelodeon News special about HIV.

So when I was 18 I got high one day and went the laundromat that my mother owned and worked in and asked her for an apology. She refused so I called 911. When the cops came I told them about the abuse, and then my mother said that I attacked her somehow and they locked me up in the psych ward for 2 months. They diagnosed me with paranoid schizophrenia. I've never hallucinated in my life and there actually were people who have tryed to kill me in the past. However
they wanted to believe my mother.

I think I could sue the NYPD because they told me the statutes of limitations said it was too late for me to have her arrested but I recently found out that I had 2 years since I had become an adult to press charges on her.

Well after I was discharged from the psych ward I lived with various family members, acted like I was cool with my mother again, been homeless and then ultimately faked like I was hearing voices and suicidal so I could get supportive housing from the mental health system. Now I am living in an SRO (Single Room Occupancy) residence for the mentally ill and addicted to medications which I didn't need in the first place. And I am maintaining contact with her over the phone because she sends me money in the mail. She always liked buying me rewards for keeping my mouth shut. I plan on cutting her out of my life as soon as I become fully independent.

I hope she burns in Hell for eternity.

Hi Cuba (Ariel).

Welcome HOME, sorry that you have to be here. My "mother" was my first sexual abuser, and you and I are not alone. Here you have REAL brothers (fraternal), and friends (in pain). Here you will find compassion, understanding and love. We all have been there albeit in different ways and ages. Like you we have been into the depths of hell and back.

I as a very young boy always wished that my "mother" was dead.
But now all my sexual abusers are DEAD. Only because I am 70 years old, My sexual abuse memories came to the surface last August.

I was addicted to alcohol, but found out that I just couldn't drown little Peter, I can no longer run away from Little Peter. He kept me alive for 69 years, he kept his sorrow well buried in the depths of my soul. Now it is big Peter who has to get us the rest of the way for whatever time that we have left on this earth.

So Ariel, my fraternal brother (in pain) and my friend (in healing). Welcome aboard. Please let me be one of your friends/brothers in healing.

Heal well Ariel.

Pete (Irishmoose)

Last edited by a moderator: