My ptsd

My ptsd

CarbonTiger

Registrant
I have a lot of mild shaking now and i tire very easily. Therapy appointment today too.

Every time I go to nap i just about get to a relaxed "fall asleep stage" and i'm shaken back up, because I was so afraid to fall asleep in that house. I saw some really bad hallucinations while on meds for depression, anxiety. I had awful nightmares too.

My dr and i decided that I was getting better and i've been off of medication. Just taking a mens multivitamin from whole foods.

I know I need to get a new Dr now that I moved to MA but i'm at such a loss. I'm afraid to tell my brother whats going on. I think the stress of this year and trauma of my car accident has messed me up real bad. I never thought my life would get like this.

Does anyone have suggestions for napping mid day? Its about all I can make it to before i'm tired again. I am going to try walking in morning ir mild yoga when its bad out. I hope slowing down and having a routine helps.

I'm just hopeful its not to late to recover back to normal. I can be patient, i just can't accept this all as a new normal for me.

:'(

Practice mindfulness. Sometimes it helps me to stay calm and drain negative vibes. It also helps me to focus on my inner forces. Yeah, it's been really helpful from time to time. Take care!

I agree with mindfulness practices as matheus noted. For me, that means mostly diaphragmatic breathing and focusing on breath. Have you tried EMDR?

Practice mindfulness. Sometimes it helps me to stay calm and drain negative vibes. It also helps me to focus on my inner forces. Yeah, it's been really helpful from time to time. Take care!

I have but not regularly. I listen to brainwave music on youtube, laying on my bed when I need to. Thank you for responding.

I agree with mindfulness practices as matheus noted. For me, that means mostly diaphragmatic breathing and focusing on breath. Have you tried EMDR?

Thanks! I do to try breathe it out also. I use the "soft belly" meditation when I feel an episode or attack coming on.

Yes, my T and I did 2 EMDR sessions this year. Had some repressed memories come back and it wasn't easy to deal with. I had an overnight job with lack of sleep and barely a routine down. Not good.

I have a hard time sleeping at night but it has slowly been getting better the longer I've lived on my own. Getting out of the place where negative events took place was really helpful for me.
I've able to slowly do things I've never been able to do before such as sleeping with the lights off. I still lock my bedroom door almost every night but now there are times I forget to which is huge for me.
I think exercise can defintely help, eating enough of the right foods etc.
I have been experimenting with natural sleep aids but I honestly don't think they're working at all, I still can't fall asleep until the sun comes up most nights (incredibly inconvenient).
I struggle with the hallucinations, night terrors etc.
Having a routine is extremely important, going to bed at the same time every night might help.
Have you ever heard of the circadian rhythm? It's basically about how your body and mind associates the time you go to sleep as "safe" or not. If you get into a routine and sleep at the same time every night, your brain will start to recognize this time as a safe time to sleep.
When you go to sleep at different times or have a spotty sleep schedule your brain interprets that as "oh we must be in danger so that means I can't let the body sleep right now". Because it thinks that because you're pushing yourself to stay awake or you're not sleeping right now there must be danger nearby which causes you to have a hard time falling asleep or staying asleep.
I like trying to associate my bed as a safe place to sleep. Of course I'm not perfect so I haven't mastered this yet...
But say for one don't keep any electronic devices in the bedroom if you can (say a TV or computer) and try not to use your phone in bed. The only reason you should be in bed is to sleep. After doing this for awhile I think your brain might start to associate your bed as a safe place to sleep and sleep may come easier for you.
I also have this trick where I associate good smells with good feelings. I have a small vial of a pleasant smelling perfume I carry around with me and whenever I'm feeling really good I will smell it. Then later when I'm feeling poorly, I smell it and it helps pick up my mood a little bit because it takes me back to when I was feeling good.
Maybe you could do something like that when you're trying to sleep, have something nearby that could help you feel better or possibly pick up your mood.
As weird as it is I have a stuffed animal and I rub the pleasant smell on the stuffy and I sleep with it and it brings me a lot of comfort lol. I know it's weird but it does help.
I also listen to the song weightless by Marconi union and it sends me into a sleepy state. What @matheus and @jeffroks said was great advice as well.