Music, and talk.

Music, and talk.
So, "Motorcycle" seems to have been created for that one song, trance music for a movie which I think was "Maze Runner" and played with remixes in clubs. So, that's a one hit, done and gone...

So, I went to a-ha, to look at old and new stuff. I found something a bit hard to hear from a band I've always thought of as light pop, love, and not too serious. Here is a video they produced, because they're thinking about concerns for others, or it's just that this was a huge Olso concert and this was a track they seemed to have a passion for? I've not looked further than this video. I like it, only for the "it's not hopeless", but the rest has triggering lyrics about being used, taken advantage of, abused. So, listen to a bit of it and if it feels wrong, please stop. I see a-ha as a positive band, so I believe they're singing this to make a statement "it's not hopeless". But, there's no answer to what that means, it's seems like affirmation, in they're way of doing that.

[video):youtube]

Last edited:
I still don't get this very well, I lean toward leaving a relationship? That's what so many songs are about. It's beautiful, though I'm confused. That's Ok, I like the sound.

Last edited:
This is the last a-ha this round of posts. This one got me thinking of being intimate and fitting well with whom has found we're compatible. Seems like a dream idea, and the song seems dreamy, so I like it.

Last edited:
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ9gfqRzaJc[/video]

When the Lights Go Down
Shannon Curtis

When the lights go down
And the curtains shut
Can they tell I’m terrified
Did I do enough?
In a boundless dark
Looking for release
I am captive of my mind
I just want to sleep

When The lights go down
I am eight years old
And I just found out
How it feels to know you’re all alone

When the lights go down
Then the seconds tick
Keeping pace my pulse races
Panicked for the fix
Turning over and over
In a web of dread
Reinventing new nightmares
Out of nothingness

When the lights go down
I am twelve years old
And I just found out
I’ll be walking through this on my own

Down down down
Until the bottom catches me
By some miracle
Alive to see this mercy
Love that’s bigger than my fear

When the lights go down
Can I be this old
And only just find out
I don’t have to carry this alone

Taking a little break from Angry music to chill to Moe or Widespread Panic, or Gov't Mule, or Jimi Hendrix... it's mind blowing guitar night. It's gonna mellow down easy...

Last edited:
Widespread Panic still had Michael Houser with them for this song from 1999. The gifted guitarist seamless playing kept the sound fluid and mesmerizing. Here is "Surprise Valley", the whole band might have been in there prime with this album "Til the Medicine Takes". The psychedelic bird is way cool. The percussion is awesome, bass, keys, and vocals by John work for me.

Last edited:
Ahhhh Pink Floyd in the afternoon. Even without a doob this feels right. There's a new way of hearing now, and it's hard to explain. I hear the words better, I can feel better about the composition of the song and appreciate the talent that went into it. The bass here gets a shout out. The song I time stamped is "Wish You Were Here".

Last edited:
I've had ZZ Top on my mind all day, and finally came across the blues I wanted. "Jesus Left Chicago". I like good guitar, and there's so much to listen to.

Last edited:
One more and then I've got an errand. This is one of my feel-good songs. It's been that since my teens. This, "Free Bird", and "Simple Man" have been good for that. There's a huge list, so not just pointing to Lynyrd Skynyrd. I could post thousands of feel good, and I'm very glad about that. It's something I can depend on. Best wishes if you've liked some of this as it grows? I've found some really great new bands from you guys.

Last edited:
This song, "Can't You See" when I first listened to it there was a mix of hiding for fear, and wonder that any woman would give me the time of day? I didn't know a thing, and I after a few years I discovered she didn't either. I didn't look at things back in 1981 like I did around 1986. Because when I gave up sobriety in my 20's, I stopped listening to Marshall Tucker. This song used feel like I was discovering a bit of who I was back in 1981-'82, and I was excited. There's no way to predict the future, but at least for about 3 years I was kept stupid.

Last edited:
For some reason, I’ve hesitated to post this one, but this song came out in 1985, the same year “it” happened to me at summer camp. I bent the lyrics to fit what I was feeling, but keep in mind, it didn’t take much effort to bend them.

I feel it all around
I feel it in my bones
My life is on the line
When I'm away from home
When I step out the door
The jungle is alive
I do not trust my ears
I don't believe my eyes...

[video:youtube]3E9cFNrhDZU[/video]
Will

Last edited by a moderator:
My body hurts me, but, who doesn't have baggage... I can be loved.

Last edited:
Hi (((((((((Ceremony)))))))))))

You are love here my friend. We all have baggage and we all hurt some times. That is what we are here for to unload a little of that baggage and maybe getting to hurt a little less. Thanks for sharing the music.

Take care my friend

Esterio

Thank you ((((((((((((Esterio))))))))))))))) My heart has a lot of love; but for me... it's looking deep into my body hating filter and that's got to get put back into line with finding me being Ok in my own skin. It's the hardest, most painful hurt, wracking my body with hurt. The tears can't stop, so, I pause writing slow and making mistakes and not really saying anything.

I can't...I need to love me.

Last edited:
Thinking to decide to love me hurts. Why is the strange thing? I'm not sure I can articulate why it hurts so badly? My therapist today said it's my attachment and the filter I see through, which has been the deepest flawed and not worthy person. A throw-away, worthless... And when I say that to her, she seeks why? I know it's to guard me, to keep away, and isolate, to not be rejected. And that hurt hurts too much.

Last edited:
"Ceremony"

This is why events unnerve me
They find it all, a different story
Notice whom for wheels are turning
Turn again and turn towards this time
All she asks is the strength to hold me
Then again the same old story
Word will travel oh so quickly
Travel first and lean towards this time

I'll break them all, no mercy shown
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time
Watching her, these things she said
The times she cried
Too frail to wake this time

I'll take them down, no mercy shown
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time
Avenues all lined with trees
Picture me and then you start watching
Watching forever, forever
Watching love grow, forever
Let it be known, forever

Last edited:
yoyo
the band is TEARS FOR FEARS,,, the album is called THE HURTING.... its the bomb! heart wrenching! and solemn!
according to me .... its written for us survivours!
peace
enjoy