Movember

Most of us here are aware how important our
Mental health is! This community has helped
and continues to do so for many of us.
Physical and mental health goes hand and hand. Movember brings about a few physical
topics, Prostate and Testicular Cancer.
The C word can and is a very scary thing.
Early detection is so really important.
I’m a 10 year survivor of Prostate Cancer.
I probably wouldn’t be here today if it hadn’t
been for early detection. These types of Cancers can be very curable. For those of you over 40, ask your doctor about PSA
Screening.
Grow a Mustache! Help support the cause,
and bring awareness.
LRD

DanielQ432

Registrant
Good cause and great to bring awareness to male reproductive cancers. I haven’t shaved in years - pain in the - but I keep my beard trimmed just past stubble length most of the year. Time to let it grow a little longer in honor of this worthy cause.

Photoman

Registrant
Thanks for this thread. My dad is 2 years in remission from prostate cancer!
My dad died from prostrate cancer so my doctor keeps a very close eye on my PSA levels. They've come a long way with treatment since the late 70's when he passed away. Congrats KevinD for your dads remission!

My GP is very thorough with the PSA & digital exam, my father had prostrate issues in later life too. Four years ago he sent me for my first colonoscopy in which they found and removed four pre-C polyps, and not in the usual places which concerned them, I was told. They recommended coming back in three years vs. the usual five due to the initial findings, the next one was clear, so now I'm on the five year plan. This is such an important issue for us guys, so many survivors are understandably freaked out about such an exam, but with life and death in the balance it really should be done. Had I not gone and left those polyps to brew, who knows how long before they would've maimed or killed me? You only need one of them to start it off.

My dad died from prostrate cancer so my doctor keeps a very close eye on my PSA levels. They've come a long way with treatment since the late 70's when he passed away. Congrats KevinD for your dads remission!
I’m sorry for the loss of your dad! But, you are
Right on when you say that treatments have
progressed. Treatments use to be a death
sentence for a man’s sex life. That’s not
as true today with new treatments. Early detection is really important. I think we as men are very afraid of the side effects and
that is a very valid.
I pray that no man ever has to face it!
It’s important to reach out and do your homework. LRD

My GP is very thorough with the PSA & digital exam, my father had prostrate issues in later life too. Four years ago he sent me for my first colonoscopy in which they found and removed four pre-C polyps, and not in the usual places which concerned them, I was told. They recommended coming back in three years vs. the usual five due to the initial findings, the next one was clear, so now I'm on the five year plan. This is such an important issue for us guys, so many survivors are understandably freaked out about such an exam, but with life and death in the balance it really should be done. Had I not gone and left those polyps to brew, who knows how long before they would've maimed or killed me? You only need one of them to start it off.
George, you are so on the fear, it’s very overwhelming. Thank you for posting about your colonoscopy experience. I have experienced very similar situation.
This is very scary for we survivors to deal
with anything down in that area. In fact
it freaks me out just posting about it, but
It must be talked about. Anal cancer has
become more common. LRD