Morning Reflections on My SSA

Hoping

Registrant
I being a recovering Alcoholic for several decades now began reflection on the third step this morning after reading recent blogs lately of SSA due to CSA. That SSA being imprinted at an early young age. So, I’m revisiting the third step which is turning my will and my life over to the care of my Higher power whom I choose to call God.

My addictions (lately SSA) are a way of me using them as an antidote to underlying problems (anger, resentments fear loneliness and the loss of my wife). In the past I resorted to my self will to try and change or rid my SSA to be a normal adult male). With all the self will I can muster the problems won't budge. Then I read the serenity prayer which says “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference. Thy will, not mine, be done”.

It may be that I can’t change my SSA like alcoholism but I can avoid triggers. It's a daily maintenance thing. I heard it said if you don’t want to slip don’t go to slippery places.

Well that’s my morning B.S now to turning my will over and not taking it back immediately after :)

Well that’s my morning B.S now to turning my will over and not taking it back immediately after :)
Not taking it back immediately is the key, give God time to work and give you peace and knowledge of who you are no matter what it looks like at the end.

Hoping

Registrant
Not taking it back immediately is the key, give God time to work and give you peace and knowledge of who you are no matter what it looks like at the end.
Thanks for that, I see that it may be a long road ahead on this obsession - this is one that plaques me all my life and can be more easily hidden from those around me.